I ran across a behavior I don't remember experiencing in Max/MSP 4.5:
- open a patch 'foo1' containing [sfplay~ name kim1]-->[dac~]
- sfplay~ loads sample1.aif and is sent  to play and [loop 1]
- the dac~ is sent a [startwindow] command
- it plays the file
- open patch 'foo2' also containing a [sfplay~ name kim2]-->[dac~]
- sfplay~ is playing sample2.aif and sent  to play and [loop 1]
foo2 patch opens with the dac~ running although no [start] or
[startwindow] command was sent to it
with foo1 and foo2 open I can use [startwindow] or [start] commands
to have either -or- both patches running at the same time...
...but is it possible to load another patch containing a dac~ and
have it *not* play when loaded?
- I'm assuming this is possible since you can send [startwindow] to
one patch containing a dac~ and have the other patch containing a
dac~ not play