Cannot load class


    Feb 14 2007 | 7:00 pm
    Hey- any advice on a pc max/msp 4.5, where after compiling (a simple class), after removing quickie, the max inspector window shows "Cannot load ______ class". any advice? Thanks

    • Feb 14 2007 | 7:20 pm
      Is the compiled class in your class path?
      Ben
      On 2/14/07, Tom wrote:
      >
      > Hey- any advice on a pc max/msp 4.5, where after compiling (a simple class), after removing quickie, the max inspector window shows "Cannot load ______ class". any advice? Thanks
      >
    • Feb 19 2007 | 8:21 pm
      the class is compiled (as far as i can tell), and i changed the max config file to look in the directory it is compiled into also.
    • Feb 19 2007 | 9:11 pm
      what is the full path name of the directory containing the compiled
      class?
      t
      On Feb 19, 2007, at 12:21 PM, Tom wrote:
      >
      > the class is compiled (as far as i can tell), and i changed the max
      > config file to look in the directory it is compiled into also.
    • Feb 19 2007 | 10:03 pm
      c:/Max/maxjars/ is the directory
      along with
      c:/Max/maxclasses/
      both in the config file(and on opening max, the inspector windows confirms that it is looking in these directories.
    • Feb 19 2007 | 10:19 pm
      hmmm.
      at a certain point there were problems loading classes
      if there were multibyte characters in the pathname but
      this has been taken care of to the best of my knowledge.
      this definitely isnt your problem.
      are you able to load the example classes?
      [mxj Flies] for instance?
      it could be something stupid like ending or not ending the
      pathname with a slash, putting the slashes in 'windows' way
      like '' as opposed to '/', not including the 'c:' part.
      its hard to say since i have never had this problem and
      dont currently have a PC running max/msp.
      t
      On Feb 19, 2007, at 14:03 PM, Tom wrote:
      >
      > c:/Max/maxjars/ is the directory
      > along with
      > c:/Max/maxclasses/
      > both in the config file(and on opening max, the inspector windows
      > confirms that it is looking in these directories.
    • Feb 19 2007 | 10:36 pm
      Hi Tom,
      Is your class in a package? Is the file you're using .class or .jar?
      --
      Owen
      Tom wrote:
      > c:/Max/maxjars/ is the directory
      > along with
      > c:/Max/maxclasses/
      > both in the config file(and on opening max, the inspector windows confirms that it is looking in these directories.
      >
    • Feb 20 2007 | 3:22 am
      Hmmm....it turns out that there is nothing in th C:/max/maxclasses...and the file is a .class but it does say it compiles correctly...and yes i can open up the flies or other included classes (examples)
    • Feb 20 2007 | 3:29 am
      C:Program FilesCommon FilesCycling '74javaclasses
      is where i found the compiled classes
    • Feb 20 2007 | 4:53 pm
      I am not sure what you meant by the previous mail
      but it seems like if you put your compiled classes in
      > C:Program FilesCommon FilesCycling '74javaclasses
      that you should be able to load them.
      topher
      On Feb 19, 2007, at 19:29 PM, Tom wrote:
      >
      > C:Program FilesCommon FilesCycling '74javaclasses
      >
      > is where i found the compiled classes
      >