Presenting the best Max object you never knew you needed: "uci", filling out the Max feature set with that certain je ne sais quoi which only chess can provide. Years in the making, now immediately available for your personal enjoyment.
- mouse and text move input (short/long algebraic or coordinate notation)
- move verification, check and mate detection, en passant, castling and promotion
- move message output indicating (long) algebraic notation, coordinate notation, ply and move success (validity)
- FEN input/output support
- 17 buttery smooth and expertly centered piece sets
- fonts and colors
- view the board from White or Black's perspective
- load and configure up to 2 UCI-compatible chess engines -- play against yourself, a friend, a computer or let two computers play against one another
- full engine analysis output is available for parsing & evaluation
- 32/64 bit compatible
- Mac & Windows support
- PGN file/database input/output
- Max for Live device for color-coded chess using Ableton's Push interface
Thanks in advance for any testing or comments.