Converting Max5 to Max4 with supercollider


    Feb 22 2009 | 5:21 pm
    Hello EVeryone,
    For anyone who has used super collider to convert a Max5 patch to a Max4 patch via:
    I am trying to use the sample code given using supercollider in order to convert a Max 5 patch into a Max 4 patch, however I'm getting an error message. I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong. However, when I tried to drop the folder I downloaded from your site into the ~/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/ folder, I got as far as the SuperCollider folder and I saw no Extensions folder. I eventually created one and dropped the "MaxPat080712" folder in there.
    I didn't change any of the code for the first patch conversion example:
    //simple example - convert and save on the desktop a= MaxPat.read("/Applications/Max5/examples/max-tricks/buttonflower.maxpat"); a.saveAsMax4("~/Desktop/buttonflower.pat");
    But after I hit fn & enter I got the error message below. Please help Any assistance you can give towards correcting this problem would be GREATLY appreciated.
    ERROR: Message 'saveAsMax4' not understood. RECEIVER: nil ARGS: Instance of String { (14D73490, gc=3C, fmt=07, flg=10, set=02) indexed slots [26] 0 : ~ 1 : / 2 : D 3 : e 4 : s 5 : k 6 : t 7 : o 8 : p 9 : / 10 : b 11 : u 12 : t 13 : t 14 : o 15 : n 16 : f 17 : l 18 : o 19 : w 20 : e 21 : r 22 : . 23 : p 24 : a 25 : t } CALL STACK: DoesNotUnderstandError:reportError 14EC6B80 arg this = Nil:handleError 14EC6B20 arg this = nil arg error = Thread:handleError 14EC6760 arg this = arg error = Object:throw 14EC6AC0 arg this = Object:doesNotUnderstand 14EC6EE0 arg this = nil arg selector = 'saveAsMax4' arg args = [*1] Interpreter:interpretPrintCmdLine 14D723A0 arg this = var res = nil var func = var code = "a.saveAsMax4("~/Desktop/butt..." Process:interpretPrintCmdLine 14EC6A60 arg this =
    Thanks again,

    • Feb 22 2009 | 10:20 pm
      Forget it! I figured out what I was doing wrong
    • Nov 25 2011 | 12:39 pm
      My experience was that the MaxPat.sc had to be in the folder of the application as well in the subfolder SCClassLibrary
      Very handy when I got it to work