Does this external exist?


    May 10 2006 | 9:43 am
    Hi everybody. I've searched high and low, and maybe it's my noobieness that's ruining things, but here's what I'm looking for:
    Basically I "need" a [route] that has inlets to set the arguments.
    If this doesn't exist I would be very happy if someone could point me in the right direction for building a patcher that does this.
    Thanks heaps.
    Andreas.

    • May 10 2006 | 10:13 am
      hello
      did you try using scripting? it should be useful to create route
      instances dinamically.
      to learn about this topic, check firstly the help file for
      thispatcher. more information about scripting is provided in
      max45TutorialsAndTopics (tutorials 46 and 47)
      jmb
    • May 10 2006 | 10:20 am
      like this ? (quick and dirty)
      max v2;
      -------------------------------------------
      Joost Rekveld
      -------------------------------------------
      "The mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible"
      (Oscar Wilde)
      -------------------------------------------
    • May 10 2006 | 10:28 am
    • May 10 2006 | 1:06 pm
      Joost Rekveld wrote:
      > like this ? (quick and dirty)
      >
      ...
      Beautiful solution, Joost. It works for me, and fiddling about with it just now has helped me to understand how to create variations of it, using a few different methods as well. My humble little tweak is at the end of this message.
      Thanks for the quickness and dirt :)
      Roald, I tried figuring it out with tap.route but no luck - tap.route.help confused me to no end. I would love to find out how to get multiple outputs from it.
      Andreas
    • May 11 2006 | 8:52 am
      Andreas Wetterberg wrote:
      > My humble little tweak is at the end of this message. Thanks for the
      > quickness and dirt :)
      For this specific task you could also use a gate instead of route:
      Stefan
      --
      Stefan Tiedje------------x----
      --_____-----------|-----------
      --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()----
      -- _|_)----|-----()-----------
      ----------()-----www.ccmix.com
    • May 11 2006 | 9:23 am
      Quote: Stefan Tiedje wrote on Thu, 11 May 2006 10:52
      ----------------------------------------------------
      > Andreas Wetterberg wrote:
      > > My humble little tweak is at the end of this message. Thanks for the
      > > quickness and dirt :)
      >
      > For this specific task you could also use a gate instead of route:
      Indeed I can - I am tweaking away at that right now. Your patch appears to be letting all controllers through output 1-
    • May 11 2006 | 6:30 pm
      save as 'dynamicroute' the second inlet sets the route arguments.
      max v2;
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info
      abstrakt.vade.info
    • May 11 2006 | 9:25 pm
      Andreas Wetterberg wrote:
      > Indeed I can - I am tweaking away at that right now. Your patch
      > appears to be letting all controllers through output 1-
      Yes, if you set all to one the last one will be choosen, if you want
      multiple outputs for the same controler you could modifiy it with 8
      gates instead of one.
      The route solution does the same by the way...
      Stefan
      --
      Stefan Tiedje------------x----
      --_____-----------|-----------
      --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()----
      -- _|_)----|-----()-----------
      ----------()-----www.ccmix.com
    • May 11 2006 | 10:20 pm
      Quote: Stefan Tiedje wrote on Thu, 11 May 2006 23:25
      ----------------------------------------------------
      > Andreas Wetterberg wrote:
      > > Indeed I can - I am tweaking away at that right now. Your patch
      > > appears to be letting all controllers through output 1-
      >
      > Yes, if you set all to one the last one will be choosen, if you want
      > multiple outputs for the same controler you could modifiy it with 8
      > gates instead of one.
      > The route solution does the same by the way...
      What I meant to say, Stefan, is that no matter what I set the 8 number boxes to, the patch outputs any midi controller you send into it to print 1. Am I not using it correctly?
      thanks,
      andreas (studying the midi-routing stuff in msp tut. 18)
    • May 12 2006 | 10:36 am
      Andreas Wetterberg wrote:
      > What I meant to say, Stefan, is that no matter what I set the 8
      > number boxes to, the patch outputs any midi controller you send into
      > it to print 1. Am I not using it correctly?
      Yeah, there is a little bug in it, you need 8 [sel 1] between the [==]
      and the triggers of course. Left as an exercise to you... (otherwise it
      will trigger the last trigger always, no matter if there's a match or
      not...)
      Stefan
      --
      Stefan Tiedje------------x-------
      --_____-----------|--------------
      --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()-------
      -- _|_)----|-----()--------------
      ----------()--------www.ccmix.com
    • May 12 2006 | 10:37 am
      hello
      actually, i was thinking on something like this :
      max v2;
      strangely, when pasting this text into a new empty patcher, objects instantiate out of screen. some scrolling is needed.
      jmb
    • May 12 2006 | 10:41 am
      Stefan Tiedje wrote:
      > Yeah, there is a little bug in it, you need 8 [sel 1] between the [==]
      > and the triggers of course. Left as an exercise to you... (otherwise it
      > will trigger the last trigger always, no matter if there's a match or
      > not...)
      and the corrected patch...
      --
      Stefan Tiedje------------x-------
      --_____-----------|--------------
      --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()-------
      -- _|_)----|-----()--------------
      ----------()--------www.ccmix.com
    • Jun 25 2006 | 10:55 am
      Hey guys,
      Totally new at max here, but i think i found a bug in Stefan's corrected patch.
      When you try to assign the same cc to 2 or more triggers, it will only output the cc value to 1 trigger.
      Is there some rule somewhere which says you cant use the same value twice?
      Cheers
      -Bjorn
    • Jun 26 2006 | 8:21 pm
      Bjorn Vayner wrote:
      > Hey guys,
      >
      > Totally new at max here, but i think i found a bug in Stefan's
      > corrected patch. When you try to assign the same cc to 2 or more
      > triggers, it will only output the cc value to 1 trigger.
      >
      > Is there some rule somewhere which says you cant use the same value
      > twice?
      Yes, in this case, as one gate object can only activate one output at a
      time. Solution: use 8 gates....
      But there is also the set message to ctlin, that way you can use just a
      number of ctlins and change their controller number on the fly...
      --
      Stefan Tiedje------------x-------
      --_____-----------|--------------
      --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()-------
      -- _|_)----|-----()--------------
      ----------()--------www.ccmix.com
    • Jun 27 2006 | 1:59 pm
      Ah I see. Thanks Stefan.
      This will really come in handy.
      Cheers
      /Bjorn