Dump Max window -> text file


    Apr 08 2006 | 5:52 pm
    Hi,
    I'd like to dump the contents of the Max window to a text file.
    Is there anyway of automating this?
    Thanks
    Steve

    • Apr 08 2006 | 9:08 pm
      On 8-Apr-2006, at 19:52, Steven Taylor wrote:
      > I'd like to dump the contents of the Max window to a text file.
      Copy & Paste or Save.
      > Is there anyway of automating this?
      On Mac OS you could Automate or AppleScript this. But you don't say
      what platform you're on.
      -- P.
      -------------- http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ -------------
      Peter Castine +--> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
      iCE: Sequencing, Recording & |home | chez nous|
      Interface Building for |bei uns | i nostri|
      Max/MSP Extremely cool http://www.castine.de
    • Apr 09 2006 | 12:04 am
      I'm on OSX, I will look into the applescript route.
      It's a shame there doesn't seem to be any direct access within Max itself, it would be nice to be able to dump the max window into a log file for debugging long performances, especially when they crash Max...
      As it is I've used m.marcoll's nifty uconsole object to display and create a logfile of sorts. Naturally this only reflects what I choose to display, not the more useful error and warning messages in the max window.
      Thanks Peter
      Steve
    • Apr 09 2006 | 3:43 pm
      You know the "error" object, don't you?
      Best,
      ej
    • Apr 09 2006 | 5:53 pm
    • Apr 09 2006 | 6:18 pm
      there was some posts recently reporting problems with latest OSX
      update. Did you used the combo updater ? If not, maybe this will
      solve the problem.
      Julien.
    • Apr 09 2006 | 7:51 pm
      I'm not shure because, I used the automatic update.. Maybe I can
      download the combo updater and re-try again..
      Thanks..
      nillow@surfemail.com.br
      --
      _____________Nillow_MaTeMa........................:
      baixem o album do matema 17mp3 num pacote-->
    • Apr 10 2006 | 4:45 pm
      actually it does, the incremental updater destroyed a bunch of carbon
      libs. most fft things stopped working, (like for instance
      altiverb..?) but the combo updater fixes things again.
      Jonathan Segel 4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
      jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com magsatellite@yahoo.com
    • Apr 10 2006 | 6:25 pm
      The error message was complaining pretty specifically that it was
      trying to load MathLib without success. MathLib was the pre-Carbon
      library, and normally the only externals trying to load it are
      equally Boronic.
      But if the combo updater actually managed to screw up existing Carbon
      libs so that they tried to load MathLib, well, with sufficient screw
      ups anything's possible.
      -- P.
      -------------- http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ -------------
      Peter Castine +--> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
      iCE: Sequencing, Recording & |home | chez nous|
      Interface Building for |bei uns | i nostri|
      Max/MSP Extremely cool http://www.castine.de
    • Apr 10 2006 | 10:09 pm
      Thanks for your help(s)!!!!!
      I downloaded (the combo) and re-installed over the incremental!!
      It loads now.
      thanks!!!
      Best !!
      Nillow
      nillow@surfemail.com.br
      --
      _____________Nillow_MaTeMa........................:
      baixem o album do matema 17mp3 num pacote-->
    • Apr 11 2006 | 2:30 am
      Okay, so this is a known issue. After I saw the first few reports of
      the issue on this list I began poking at the problem. The patch
      updater nukes the resource fork on the vecLib CFM stub during the
      install. Unfortunately CFM needs the resource fork to locate symbols
      in the corresponding mach-o. In the future, we're going to be more
      careful about the way we patch binaries with this issue in mind. The
      vecLib library appears to be the only library that was affected, but
      enough folks use vecLib from CFM that there was massive bustage.
      In the meantime, the Combo update is infact the recommended
      workaround. If your auto update reports the download size to be under
      65mb, please manually install the Combo update instead.
      thanks
      _Mark