feature request: shortcut for Paste Replace


    Oct 12 2006 | 2:57 pm
    ..I use it very often
    Btw, is there a 'registered requests' page? That would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to have it though..
    Cheers, Mattijs

    • Oct 12 2006 | 4:31 pm
      if you're on OS X, the Terminal script that come with the Ejies installs one (I also use it a lot !), cheers Roger
      --- Mattijs Kneppers wrote:
      > > ..I use it very often > > Btw, is there a 'registered requests' page? That > would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to have > it though.. > > Cheers, > Mattijs > -- > http://www.samplemadness.nl/smadsteck > SmadSteck - Interactive audiovisual sampling soft- > and hardware >
    • Oct 12 2006 | 4:57 pm
      On 12 Oct 2006, at 18:31, ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:
      > if you're on OS X, the Terminal script that come with > the Ejies installs one (I also use it a lot !), > cheers > Roger
      if you are on osx, you can define your own shortcuts easily in system preferences. (see 'keyboard & mouse' and scroll down to 'application keyboard shortcuts'). i use cmd-shft-v for paste replace... volker.
      > > --- Mattijs Kneppers wrote: > >> >> ..I use it very often >> >> Btw, is there a 'registered requests' page? That >> would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to have >> it though.. >> >> Cheers, >> Mattijs >> --
    • Oct 12 2006 | 4:58 pm
    • Oct 12 2006 | 5:03 pm
      If you are on OS X, you can set it yourself in the Keyboard panel of system preferences.
      ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote: > if you're on OS X, the Terminal script that come with > the Ejies installs one (I also use it a lot !), > cheers > Roger > > --- Mattijs Kneppers wrote: > >> ..I use it very often >> >> Btw, is there a 'registered requests' page? That >> would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to have >> it though.. >> >> Cheers, >> Mattijs >> -- >> http://www.samplemadness.nl/smadsteck >> SmadSteck - Interactive audiovisual sampling soft- >> and hardware >> > >
      -- barry threw :: sound | (if you would see the stars clearly, http://www.barrythrew.com | look hard at the surrounding darkness) bthrew(at)gmail(dot)com | -Ooka Makoto 857-544-3967 |
    • Oct 12 2006 | 5:07 pm
      Aaight, thanks!!
      Mattijs
    • Oct 12 2006 | 5:16 pm
      On 12 oct. 06, at 18:58, jln wrote:
      > Anyway, if you're on OS X you should be able to do it via "Pref > Syst. > Mouse and Keyboard".
      It's exactly what the ejies does!
      ej
    • Oct 12 2006 | 5:47 pm
      Actually, I've just checked, and it doesn't! Or at least it doesn't for me any more. I realised that I didn't have the additional short cuts, so i ran the script & restarted Max a couple of times, but no short-cuts :-( I /think/ this may be since i upgraded to 4.6.2, because I'm sure they were there before, so can anyone comment on this ? How will I live without n for 'new from clipboard' ...?! cheers Roger
      --- ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:
      > if you're on OS X, the Terminal script that come > with > the Ejies installs one (I also use it a lot !), > cheers > Roger > > --- Mattijs Kneppers > wrote: > > > > > ..I use it very often > > > > Btw, is there a 'registered requests' page? That > > would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to > have > > it though.. > > > > Cheers, > > Mattijs > > -- > > http://www.samplemadness.nl/smadsteck > > SmadSteck - Interactive audiovisual sampling soft- > > and hardware > > > >
    • Oct 12 2006 | 5:51 pm
      On Oct 12, 2006, at 9:57 AM, vb wrote:
      > if you are on osx, you can define your own shortcuts easily in > system preferences. > (see 'keyboard & mouse' and scroll down to 'application keyboard > shortcuts'). > i use cmd-shft-v for paste replace...
      Man, I love this list.
    • Oct 13 2006 | 9:14 am
    • Oct 13 2006 | 9:40 am
    • Oct 13 2006 | 10:29 am
      On 13 oct. 06, at 11:40, Trond Lossius wrote:
      > For your comfort I might add that these shortcuts seems to work > very badly with a Norwegian keyboard layout. I have tried > installing Emmanuels' script a few times, but it makes Max > extremely unstable (seldom stays up for more than a few minutes > before crashing).
      I can even imagine why this could cause any trouble. Sorry for the silly question but, are you sure it's only related to the shortcuts script? In any case, to my defense, it's Apple's fault :-)
      ej
    • Oct 13 2006 | 10:43 am
      13/10/06, kl. 11:43 +0200 , skrev f.e:
      >It's a dull era for Mac users but it's amusing you all >feel like us for a short moment :-). My gang members all bought brand >new MacBook without listening to me, now we're stuck for a time... Ooooo - really dull. But hey, they could boot in Windows and get the real experience, no? ;-) Jakob
      ------------------------------------------------------- 'Kvarnen': open call for works, autumn 2006. -> http://ssshhhhh.dk/kvarnen/ -> http://www.ssshhhhh.dk/kvarnen/kvarneninfoframe.html -------------------------------------------------------
    • Oct 13 2006 | 11:54 am
      Or even better (though I somehow dobt that this will work with Max), there is this: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/ which supposedly allows you to use Windows apps on an Intel Mac, without having to endure the awful trauma of booting into Windows... :-D cheers Roger
      --- Jakob Riis wrote:
      > 13/10/06, kl. 11:43 +0200 , skrev f.e: > > >It's a dull era for Mac users but it's amusing you > all > >feel like us for a short moment :-). My gang > members all bought brand > >new MacBook without listening to me, now we're > stuck for a time... > Ooooo - really dull. But hey, they could boot in > Windows and get the > real experience, no? > ;-) > Jakob > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > 'Kvarnen': open call for works, autumn 2006. > -> http://ssshhhhh.dk/kvarnen/ > -> > http://www.ssshhhhh.dk/kvarnen/kvarneninfoframe.html > ------------------------------------------------------- > > >
    • Oct 13 2006 | 7:04 pm
      On 13-okt-2006, at 9:14, f.e wrote:
      > Sorry, but i'll be very angry : is there other features we don't > know that are only available for Mac ? Customizing shortcuts is the > very basis of a every good software and i wonder why c74 never done > this for WINDOWS if they made it for that god damn macintosh !? We > all want this Paste Replace shortcut (it's not the first time it's > been asked on the list) and we all, windows users, want > customizable shortcuts for *ALL*. From now, i'll start to set up > the Syndicate of the Windows Maxers. Enough is enough. Beware. > > f.e >
      Customising shortcuts on the mac is a facility of the operating system, not of a particular application. It applies to all applications that run on the mac and that use a particular GUI library. Cycling cannot help that Apple has built in this facility into the GUI code.
      Are you sure that there is no equivalent facility in Microsoft Windows XP?
      -jennek
    • Oct 14 2006 | 9:10 am
    • Oct 14 2006 | 9:55 pm
      f.e wrote: > Sorry, but i'll be very angry : is there other features we don't know > that are only available for Mac ? Customizing shortcuts is the very > basis of a every good software and i wonder why c74 never done this for > WINDOWS if they made it for that god damn macintosh !? We all want this > Paste Replace shortcut (it's not the first time it's been asked on the > list) and we all, windows users, want customizable shortcuts for *ALL*. > From now, i'll start to set up the Syndicate of the Windows Maxers. > Enough is enough. Beware.
      Well, ask Microschuft... (Cycling didn't do it and nobody needed to ask Apple to implement it... ;-) Oh I know I am so mean, but you windozers can have so much more fun with these ego shooters...
      Stefan
      -- Stefan Tiedje------------x------- --_____-----------|-------------- --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()------- -- _|_)----|-----()-------------- ----------()--------www.ccmix.com
    • Oct 14 2006 | 10:20 pm
      As Stefan mentioned, but i'll make this explicit. Apple has provided a *SYSTEM WIDE* shortcut management feature. This is part of the operating system, not anything Cycling has done.
      In fact, I had completely forgotten about it until it was mentioned on the list.
      This isnt a Cycling issue (that Mac OS X has functionality above XP in a certain area).
      However, im sure Cycling could, if they needed to, provide a Max/MSP specific keyboard binding system. However, id much rather other issues be banged out (pun intended).
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info abstrakt.vade.info
      On Oct 14, 2006, at 5:55 PM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
      > f.e wrote: >> Sorry, but i'll be very angry : is there other features we don't >> know that are only available for Mac ? Customizing shortcuts is >> the very basis of a every good software and i wonder why c74 never >> done this for WINDOWS if they made it for that god damn >> macintosh !? We all want this Paste Replace shortcut (it's not the >> first time it's been asked on the list) and we all, windows users, >> want customizable shortcuts for *ALL*. From now, i'll start to >> set up the Syndicate of the Windows Maxers. Enough is enough. Beware. > > Well, ask Microschuft... > (Cycling didn't do it and nobody needed to ask Apple to implement > it... ;-) > Oh I know I am so mean, but you windozers can have so much more fun > with these ego shooters... > > Stefan > > -- > Stefan Tiedje------------x------- > --_____-----------|-------------- > --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()------- > -- _|_)----|-----()-------------- > ----------()--------www.ccmix.com >