filepath: no such object


    Sep 12 2006 | 3:22 pm
    I'm getting a "no such object" message for filepath. I
    haven't updated anything recently (I'm running 4.5.7
    OS 10.4.7) and I've checked for older versions in the
    search path.
    I did have two versions, the one in the C74 Plug-ins
    Support folder being a few months newer than that in
    the regular Externals folder, but replacing the older
    version hasn't changed anything.
    Doing a Finder 'Get Info' on filepath showed it to be
    mapped to an old Classic Max app, but changing it back
    to Max 4.5 hasn't changed anything either - this
    couldn't be a Classic version, could it - the created
    date is 6/3/06 !?
    cheers
    Roger

    • Sep 16 2006 | 5:10 am
      ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:
      I had a similar issue with a standard object which was just misspelled,
      Max seems to be picky now in terms of being case sensitive...
      I even had an issue with a #1 = "collName", though it was spelled
      correctly, and would load in the main patch, the subpatcher coll tried
      and failed to load "collname" though the box read "collName" the
      textwindow would read "collname" (and was empty). Unfortunately I
      couldn't reproduce it. The offending coll was within a poly~ and after
      restarting Max it worked again...
      Stefan
      --
      Stefan Tiedje------------x-------
      --_____-----------|--------------
      --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()-------
      -- _|_)----|-----()--------------
      ----------()--------www.ccmix.com
    • Sep 17 2006 | 11:06 am
      I had the same problem in Max 4.5.7. Doing a bit of search revealed that
      Max text file named filepath was present inside the Max 4.5 folder.
      Deleting it seems to have solved the problem for me.
      Best,
      Trond
      ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:
      > I'm getting a "no such object" message for filepath. I
      > haven't updated anything recently (I'm running 4.5.7
      > OS 10.4.7) and I've checked for older versions in the
      > search path.
      > I did have two versions, the one in the C74 Plug-ins
      > Support folder being a few months newer than that in
      > the regular Externals folder, but replacing the older
      > version hasn't changed anything.
      > Doing a Finder 'Get Info' on filepath showed it to be
      > mapped to an old Classic Max app, but changing it back
      > to Max 4.5 hasn't changed anything either - this
      > couldn't be a Classic version, could it - the created
      > date is 6/3/06 !?
      > cheers
      > Roger
      >
    • Sep 21 2006 | 7:42 am
      Thank you so much, that's exactly what it was!
      I suspect it was generated by the Tconvolution object or plug-in, because it contained the file path to an impulse response. If this is the case then it's a pretty serious bug, which needs sorting.
      I wasn't finding it with Spotlight because I was expecting to see a Max external, not a text file,
      cheers
      Roger
    • Sep 21 2006 | 7:53 am
      Yes, that is probably right. I have been playing around with the
      tconvolution external to, and the file contained the file path to the
      impulse response used.
      Best,
      Trond
      roger.carruthers wrote:
      > Thank you so much, that's exactly what it was!
      > I suspect it was generated by the Tconvolution object or plug-in, because it contained the file path to an impulse response. If this is the case then it's a pretty serious bug, which needs sorting.
      > I wasn't finding it with Spotlight because I was expecting to see a Max external, not a text file,
      > cheers
      > Roger