frame serving with jitter


    Mar 22 2007 | 6:33 pm
    hi list, i have been using avisynth for some time now. for those on windowz
    with any intrest in video i highly recommand taking a look at it.
    its a scripting language for video post processing.
    for example a script which does resizing, you write in notepad and can run
    on any mediaplayer.
    AVISource("somevideo.avi")
    # resize the dimensions of the video frame to 320x240
    LanczosResize(320, 240)
    but its most powerfull feture is it is capable of frame serving.
    question is there a way to make it work with jitter. or any other
    frame server which is qt compatible.

    • Mar 22 2007 | 10:08 pm
      what is 'frame serving' (ah, google, thank you!) ? Ive never heard
      of this. Sounds like VideoScript (a bit) http://www.videoscript.com/
      intro_vs.html
      it sounds like pipeing data in unix.
      I would love to know if this is possible. This could be a great
      solution for moving data between apps, like a local loopback but for
      video.
      On Mar 22, 2007, at 7:33 PM, yair reshef wrote:
      > hi list, i have been using avisynth for some time now. for those on
      > windowz with any intrest in video i highly recommand taking a look
      > at it.
      > its a scripting language for video post processing.
      > for example a script which does resizing, you write in notepad and
      > can run on any mediaplayer.
      >
      > AVISource("somevideo.avi")
      >
      > # resize the dimensions of the video frame to 320x240
      > LanczosResize(320, 240)
      >
      >
      > but its most powerfull feture is it is capable of frame serving.
      >
      > question is there a way to make it work with jitter. or any other
      > frame server which is qt compatible.
      >
      >
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info
      abstrakt.vade.info
    • Mar 22 2007 | 10:53 pm
      On Mar 22, 2007, at 3:08 PM, vade wrote:
      > I would love to know if this is possible. This could be a great
      > solution for moving data between apps, like a local loopback but
      > for video.
      Save to disk, execute commandline, read back in. Should be easy to
      make an mxj example (pending the 4.6.3 Max release which fixes
      commandline calls on MacTel, that is).
      See main list and mxj threads for calling commandline functions from
      mxj (or with the shell and other externals avail for this purpose).
      -Joshua
    • Mar 22 2007 | 11:09 pm
      Hrm. Well, the pipes that are used in things like ffmpeg and other
      script wrappers for video transcoding solutions never touch the disk.
      But yes, that is a totally valid technique with respect to jitter. I
      suppose I should have stated in my question without hitting the
      drive :P There may be a way to open some pipe into java for doing
      this. Oh, if I had time :)
      On Mar 22, 2007, at 11:53 PM, Joshua Kit Clayton wrote:
      >
      > On Mar 22, 2007, at 3:08 PM, vade wrote:
      >
      >> I would love to know if this is possible. This could be a great
      >> solution for moving data between apps, like a local loopback but
      >> for video.
      >
      > Save to disk, execute commandline, read back in. Should be easy to
      > make an mxj example (pending the 4.6.3 Max release which fixes
      > commandline calls on MacTel, that is).
      >
      > See main list and mxj threads for calling commandline functions
      > from mxj (or with the shell and other externals avail for this
      > purpose).
      >
      > -Joshua
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info
      abstrakt.vade.info