help : problems building application as standalone


    Mar 05 2006 | 5:02 pm
    Hi everyone, this is my 1st post. Sorry if it’s already been asked
    I am having problems opening built applications (.exe) in runtime on windows XP using MSP/MSP 4.5.5.
    This happens upon load up of the .exe using Runtime
    If its any help the error on my machine reads....
    AppName: collective app.pat-build.exe AppVer 4.5.5.50 ModName asintppc.dll ModVer: 0.410.0.0 Offset: 0008152c
    I had a rumage around the web and managed to download something called Granular Spatializer.exe and that also seems to crash
    I have tried the same, built applications on my housemate’s pc and I am having the same problem
    I am panicking because I have built something as a product idea for my final year dissertation. I was relying on handing it in as .exe which could be then looked at by the examiner. Forgive me.
    Your help would be much appreciated
    Dan

    • Mar 05 2006 | 5:04 pm
      I have read the posts about patches containging period characters twice not working but I have a feeling its something else.
    • Mar 07 2006 | 1:39 am
      anyone?
    • Mar 07 2006 | 2:47 am
      try naming it something without two periods in it.
      try calling it foo.exe
      Let us know if that works. I have no idea why the Granular one is not working.
      What is the link to it?
      Cheers
      Andrew
    • Mar 07 2006 | 12:29 pm
      Thanks for the reply
      I have found a built application which works so its not a problem with my pc setup or anything
      Im going to have a second look at this, double check that i am importing every p patcher file (counted 13 of them) and give it another try. I have found that there is a coll object in there so Im reading up on how to solve this now
      I will upload a version when its closer to completion unless I get really stuck.
      Theres some images here tho, its basically a mathematical midi sequencer (an ugly looking one lol)
      Cheers
      Dan
    • Mar 07 2006 | 12:32 pm
      Thanks for the reply
      I found a built .exe application which works so its not a problem with my pc setup or anything
      Im going to have a second look at this, double check that i am importing every p patcher file (counted 13 of them) and give it another try. I have found that there is a coll object in there so I'm going to have to create a file for it. Just looking into this now
      I will upload a version when its closer to completion unless I get really stuck, basically im making a mathematical midi sequencer
      Dan
    • Mar 07 2006 | 12:46 pm
      it works!! :D
    • Mar 08 2006 | 12:18 am
      Heres the built application...
      Someone emailed me asking me how I got it working
      There’s a bug in MAX/MSP which basically causes any patches with more than one period character ('.') in the naming to crash on load. Check your max patch for any patcher p files with names like p foo.pat.etc or p synth.cycle.whatever
      Make it all lowercase just to be safe
      If your using files which require other embedded files to operate such as coll or buffer~ make sure you place all your files into the same folder and create files with the necessary extensions (coll = something.txt)
      Save every patcher file separately into the same folder
      In max go file > build collective/application/plug-in
      Select > include folder in the collective editor and import every patcher file
      ***I found after this all I need is the top or main msp file and nothing else**** /
      Click toplevel patcher and select the main max patch which holds all the patches
      Press build
      Save as file type .exe (if your making a VSTI then pluggo plugin.dll)
      Press Save
      Close max, find the created exe, click it and pray it works