That's strange. IRIN opens perfectly in my machine (iMacG5, MacOx10.4.6).
Before trying any fix, tell me:
Do you have Max/MSP installed, if so, is it version 4.5.7? for some strange reason MAX standalones are not a fully_self_contained app. If there’s a Cycling74 folder inside /library/application support, this folder will override the correspondent one inside the standalone app. If that one is older than the one from the standalone, it will cause problems.
At 4:08 AM -0600 4/13/06, carlosccaires wrote:
>That's strange. IRIN opens perfectly in my machine (iMacG5, MacOx10.4.6).
>Before trying any fix, tell me:
>Do you have Max/MSP installed, if so, is it version 4.5.7?
Yes. But here is what I did; when you FIRST announced your site, I
managed to successfully download your software then. At that point,
I was still on 4.5.6. The next day, I upgraded to 4.5.7. I then
downloaded your new version. And now I cannot open your new version.
I trashed the IRIN prefs that I found, but that did not help.
>for some strange reason MAX standalones are not a
>fully_self_contained app. If there's a Cycling74 folder inside
>/library/application support, this folder will override the
>correspondent one inside the standalone app. If that one is older
>than the one from the standalone, it will cause problems.
See above. I am now on 4.5.7, so shouldn't be a problem?
>Did you upgrade to MacOx10.4.6 via automatic updater (apple menu)?
>As reported in the Max forum, this method is causing problems to Max
>and standalones. You should use the MacOsXCombo
No, I used the Combo updater. To be fully sure, I just re-applied
the Combo updater - no change.
>cfragCFragRsrcErr -2857 'cfrg' resource could not be loaded.
>Error description in apple’s site. Too much for me, I’m
>just a Max user, not a real programmer…Perhaps you understand
One thing that I noticed - when I unzip the IRIN.zip, there seem to
be lots of files with ".1" added to their end - for example, there is
a "DemoFile", and then a "DemoFile.1". Likewise, many of the files
in the subfolders have this also.
I'm just using the built in Mac's zip ability. I've been extremely
unsattisfied with Stuffit for a few years now, and it seems as though
they screw things up more and more with each new release.
Can you take your good source folder, ctrl-click on it, and select
"Create Archive"? That should make a .zip of it, using the Mac's
built in functions - then you could either e-mail that to me, or post
on your site?
At 10:07 AM -0600 4/13/06, carlosccaires wrote:
>That's weird dan, in my Mac the file unzips Ok. Do You have the
>latest unzip software (I used version 10.0.1 alladyn dropstuff)?
The error message seems to indicate that the Code Fragment Manager is
looking for information stored in a Classic Mac OS Resource Fork.
Between that and
> One thing that I noticed - when I unzip the IRIN.zip, there seem to
> be lots of files with ".1" added to their end - for example, there
> is a "DemoFile", and then a "DemoFile.1".
it sounds like IRIN.zip was doing something with zipping resource
forks that is incompatible with the way your unzip program expects
resource forks to be zipped.
In the year 2006 this should not be a problem anymore. StuffIt
handled this stuff absolutely reliably 20 years ago. But this doesn't
get you any further. I would suggest that Carlos try using the Mac OS
"Create Archive" command (from the Context Menu for documents).
> At 9:57 AM -0600 4/12/06, carlosccaires wrote:
>> For some strange reason, my server doesn't like .sitx files.
Another wild guess: perhaps your server doesn't have a MIME type
associated with the .sitx suffix. There are solutions to this
problem, but they also depend of fiddling with files that most people
aren't even allowed to see, let alone modify. A Unix Guru might be
able to help you.