jit.window flushlimit ?


    May 30 2007 | 6:25 pm
    Is undocumented. defaults to 25? What does this do?
    v a d e //
    www.vade.info
    abstrakt.vade.info

    • May 30 2007 | 7:33 pm
      On May 30, 2007, at 11:25 AM, vade wrote:
      > Is undocumented. defaults to 25? What does this do?
      You mean jit.pwindow, I presume. It is how often jit.pwindow requests
      the backing window to force a screen update. Probably not necessary
      to tweak unless you think that the window is not updating fast or
      slow enough. Kind of like a speedlim on actually flushing the window
      contents.
      -Joshua
    • May 30 2007 | 7:42 pm
      Nope, I ran across this when trying to debug a VBL sync issue with
      1.6.3 final which I just posted to the list, with jit.window, not
      pwindow. I found it by doing the apple+option and clicking on an
      object to see the attribute state
      Thanks for the clarification.
      On May 30, 2007, at 3:33 PM, Joshua Kit Clayton wrote:
      >
      > On May 30, 2007, at 11:25 AM, vade wrote:
      >
      >> Is undocumented. defaults to 25? What does this do?
      >
      > You mean jit.pwindow, I presume. It is how often jit.pwindow
      > requests the backing window to force a screen update. Probably not
      > necessary to tweak unless you think that the window is not updating
      > fast or slow enough. Kind of like a speedlim on actually flushing
      > the window contents.
      >
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info
      abstrakt.vade.info
    • May 30 2007 | 9:00 pm
      On May 30, 2007, at 12:42 PM, vade wrote:
      > Nope, I ran across this when trying to debug a VBL sync issue with
      > 1.6.3 final which I just posted to the list, with jit.window, not
      > pwindow. I found it by doing the apple+option and clicking on an
      > object to see the attribute state
      >
      > Thanks for the clarification.
      Oh, that's for the @noaccel 1 mode, and probably safe to ignore.
      -Joshua
    • May 30 2007 | 9:29 pm
      Hello
      I am using Jitter 1.5 on a G4 powerbook with OSX 10.3.9. Quite often I
      create video samples [320x240] movies for mixing and other VJ
      shenanigans. When I bring the windo to my second monitor and fullscreen
      the window the movie looks like for the lack of a better term "like
      dogmeat". Whilst other programs I have used **cough** GEM seems to blow
      the file up without pixelating the movie. Are there anytips one may use
      to lessen this obvious problem, save for making the original clips
      themselves larger?
      Cheers and thanks
      Pat
    • May 30 2007 | 9:35 pm
      How exactly are you showing the video? Have you tried using a
      videoplane object? Basically you want interpolated textures.
      wes
      On 5/30/07, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
      > Hello
      >
      > I am using Jitter 1.5 on a G4 powerbook with OSX 10.3.9. Quite often I
      > create video samples [320x240] movies for mixing and other VJ
      > shenanigans. When I bring the windo to my second monitor and fullscreen
      > the window the movie looks like for the lack of a better term "like
      > dogmeat". Whilst other programs I have used **cough** GEM seems to blow
      > the file up without pixelating the movie. Are there anytips one may use
      > to lessen this obvious problem, save for making the original clips
      > themselves larger?
      >
      > Cheers and thanks
      >
      > Pat
      >
      >
    • May 30 2007 | 9:48 pm
      On May 30, 2007, at 2:33 PM, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
      > I am using Jitter 1.5 on a G4 powerbook with OSX 10.3.9. Quite often I
      > create video samples [320x240] movies for mixing and other VJ
      > shenanigans. When I bring the windo to my second monitor and
      > fullscreen
      > the window the movie looks like for the lack of a better term "like
      > dogmeat". Whilst other programs I have used **cough** GEM seems to
      > blow
      > the file up without pixelating the movie. Are there anytips one may
      > use
      > to lessen this obvious problem, save for making the original clips
      > themselves larger?
      jit.window @interp 1
      -Joshua
    • May 30 2007 | 9:53 pm
      jit.window @interp 1?
      GEM and Jitter should display exactly the same. And actually, in my
      tests if using YUV textures and jitters YUV to RGBA shader conversion
      with chroma filtering it looks better than GEMs output.
      But you have to do some work to set it up with openGL and Wes pointed
      out.
      On May 30, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Wesley Smith wrote:
      > How exactly are you showing the video? Have you tried using a
      > videoplane object? Basically you want interpolated textures.
      >
      > wes
      >
      > On 5/30/07, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
      >> Hello
      >>
      >> I am using Jitter 1.5 on a G4 powerbook with OSX 10.3.9. Quite
      >> often I
      >> create video samples [320x240] movies for mixing and other VJ
      >> shenanigans. When I bring the windo to my second monitor and
      >> fullscreen
      >> the window the movie looks like for the lack of a better term "like
      >> dogmeat". Whilst other programs I have used **cough** GEM seems to
      >> blow
      >> the file up without pixelating the movie. Are there anytips one
      >> may use
      >> to lessen this obvious problem, save for making the original clips
      >> themselves larger?
      >>
      >> Cheers and thanks
      >>
      >> Pat
      >>
      >>
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info
      abstrakt.vade.info
    • May 31 2007 | 2:38 pm
      Thanks everyone! I had a feeling but did not know exactly how to ask it
      for jitter
      I spit the second screen out to a proxima 4500 and I was initially
      shocked at the difference
      I usually just record movies to 320x240 so it had never been an issue
      until recently
      Thanks
      Pat
      -----Original Message-----
      From: jitter-bounces@cycling74.com [mailto:jitter-bounces@cycling74.com]
      On Behalf Of Wesley Smith
      Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [jitter] Jit.window question
      How exactly are you showing the video? Have you tried using a
      videoplane object? Basically you want interpolated textures.
      wes
      On 5/30/07, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
      > Hello
      >
      > I am using Jitter 1.5 on a G4 powerbook with OSX 10.3.9. Quite often I
      > create video samples [320x240] movies for mixing and other VJ
      > shenanigans. When I bring the windo to my second monitor and
      > fullscreen the window the movie looks like for the lack of a better
      > term "like dogmeat". Whilst other programs I have used **cough** GEM
      > seems to blow the file up without pixelating the movie. Are there
      > anytips one may use to lessen this obvious problem, save for making
      > the original clips themselves larger?
      >
      > Cheers and thanks
      >
      > Pat
      >
      >
    • Aug 14 2007 | 4:23 pm
      I am curious about this, as I noticed setting it to "100" for four 80x60 pwindows actually reduced cpu use (as reported by Activity monitor) considerably. In this case, the cpu usage went from 50% to 38% simply by changing the flushlimit from 0 to 100. However, my fps went from 60 to 28! All very bizzare. Perhaps ignorance IS bliss...