[Jitter] jit.gl.model and drawgroups feature request


    Jan 02 2006 | 6:24 am
    Hello
    with 'verbose 1' I can see how many groups a model file has via the console. I have no way of getting to that information 'within max itself' ?
    is it possible to add this to the dumpout so I can 'route drawgroups', similar to how most information is dumped out from jit.qt.movie? and perhaps a 'getdrawgroupscount' message or some such?
    Im trying to build a keyframe animator using OB3D groups as keyframes, and a scrubber to shunt through, but I need to be able to set dynamically my upper bounds for drawgroups.
    Am I missing something?
    RTFM perhaps? :)
    I checked the HTML docs and saw no mention of how to get access to this information.
    Thanks for considering it.
    v a d e //
    www.vade.info abstrakt.vade.info

    • Jan 02 2006 | 6:43 am
      beautiful idea.
      vade wrote: > Im trying to build a keyframe animator using OB3D groups as keyframes, > and a scrubber to shunt through, but I need to be able to set > dynamically my upper bounds for drawgroups.
    • Jan 02 2006 | 7:19 am
      thank you sir, but dont jinx me! :)
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info abstrakt.vade.info
      On Jan 2, 2006, at 1:43 AM, dlurk wrote:
      > > beautiful idea. > > vade wrote: >> Im trying to build a keyframe animator using OB3D groups as >> keyframes, and a scrubber to shunt through, but I need to be able >> to set dynamically my upper bounds for drawgroups. > > ------------------------------------------------------------ --------- > To unsubscribe, e-mail: max-msp-unsubscribe@cycling74.com > For additional commands, e-mail: max-msp-help@cycling74.com >
    • Jan 02 2006 | 7:20 pm
      A sensible and easily implementable suggestion.
      -Randy
      On Jan 1, 2006, at 10:24 PM, vade wrote:
      > Hello > > with 'verbose 1' I can see how many groups a model file has via the > console. I have no way of getting to that information 'within max > itself' ? > > is it possible to add this to the dumpout so I can 'route > drawgroups', similar to how most information is dumped out from > jit.qt.movie? and perhaps a 'getdrawgroupscount' message or some such? > > Im trying to build a keyframe animator using OB3D groups as > keyframes, and a scrubber to shunt through, but I need to be able > to set dynamically my upper bounds for drawgroups. > > Am I missing something? > > RTFM perhaps? :) > > I checked the HTML docs and saw no mention of how to get access to > this information. > > Thanks for considering it. > > > v a d e // > > www.vade.info > abstrakt.vade.info > >
    • Jan 02 2006 | 7:34 pm
      Many thanks.
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info abstrakt.vade.info
      On Jan 2, 2006, at 2:20 PM, Randy Jones wrote:
      > > A sensible and easily implementable suggestion. > > -Randy > > On Jan 1, 2006, at 10:24 PM, vade wrote: > >> Hello >> >> with 'verbose 1' I can see how many groups a model file has via >> the console. I have no way of getting to that information 'within >> max itself' ? >> >> is it possible to add this to the dumpout so I can 'route >> drawgroups', similar to how most information is dumped out from >> jit.qt.movie? and perhaps a 'getdrawgroupscount' message or some >> such? >> >> Im trying to build a keyframe animator using OB3D groups as >> keyframes, and a scrubber to shunt through, but I need to be able >> to set dynamically my upper bounds for drawgroups. >> >> Am I missing something? >> >> RTFM perhaps? :) >> >> I checked the HTML docs and saw no mention of how to get access to >> this information. >> >> Thanks for considering it. >> >> >> v a d e // >> >> www.vade.info >> abstrakt.vade.info >> >> > > > ------------------------------------------------------------ --------- > To unsubscribe, e-mail: max-msp-unsubscribe@cycling74.com > For additional commands, e-mail: max-msp-help@cycling74.com >
    • Jan 02 2006 | 7:54 pm
      friends,
      just a point of curiosity i had about rewire~. unless i missed something, which is likely; is it true that you cannot send an audio stream, via rewire~, back to another rewire app? i realize there are other ways like jack and soundflower to do this, but if this functionality isn't available for some rewireian reason? if it is possible, i suppose this is a feature request.
      thanks,
      barry
    • Jan 02 2006 | 8:53 pm
      I agree that the rewire standard can be improved upon in a lot of ways, but afaik it's not up to C74. Rewire is just an adapted standard like Steinberg's VST. I think you better send feature requests to the Propellorhead's address, cause they're the ones who developed it. Rewire always works with a master (mixer) app and a slave app. The slave automatically sends its outputs to the master application. Most sequencers can only run as rewire master. Max can do both, but there is always only one receiving/mixer/master application. You'll also find that even MIDI is not bidirectional using rewire.
      hth, t_
      On 1/2/06, barry threw wrote: > > friends, > > just a point of curiosity i had about rewire~. unless i missed > something, which is likely; is it true that you cannot send an audio > stream, via rewire~, back to another rewire app? i realize there are > other ways like jack and soundflower to do this, but if this > functionality isn't available for some rewireian reason? if it is > possible, i suppose this is a feature request. > > thanks, > > barry > > ------------------------------------------------------------ --------- > To unsubscribe, e-mail: max-msp-unsubscribe@cycling74.com > For additional commands, e-mail: max-msp-help@cycling74.com > >
      -- ................................................. http://www.nano-soundworks.com
    • Apr 03 2009 | 9:35 pm
      I was looking for a similar thing- how can I get the number of groups within a 3d model dynamically- and reached vade's post from 2006. Was this ever implemented? Has anyone since found a workaround or method for this? vade? anyone? thanks! nadav