kind of funny feature request


    Feb 07 2007 | 9:57 pm
    vade and i are working on a massive max project which involves server
    notifications in case max crashes or the system crashes. we're using
    KIU and loving it.
    now i need a way to test email notifications of max crashing, and it
    occurred to me: what i want is an object that will reliably crash
    max if i send it a bang.
    can someone write this for me? call it 'oops' or something like
    that. curtains' evil brother. anyone?

    • Feb 07 2007 | 10:46 pm
      On Feb 7, 2007, at 1:57 PM, joshua goldberg wrote:
      > now i need a way to test email notifications of max crashing, and
      > it occurred to me: what i want is an object that will reliably
      > crash max if i send it a bang.
      >
      > can someone write this for me? call it 'oops' or something like
      > that. curtains' evil brother. anyone?
      Already there.
      ; max crash
      -Joshau
    • Feb 07 2007 | 11:04 pm
      Thank you sir! We owe you a double power crystal (the real kind)!
      On Feb 7, 2007, at 5:46 PM, Joshua Kit Clayton wrote:
      >
      > On Feb 7, 2007, at 1:57 PM, joshua goldberg wrote:
      >
      >> now i need a way to test email notifications of max crashing, and
      >> it occurred to me: what i want is an object that will reliably
      >> crash max if i send it a bang.
      >>
      >> can someone write this for me? call it 'oops' or something like
      >> that. curtains' evil brother. anyone?
      >
      > Already there.
      >
      > ; max crash
      >
      > -Joshau
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info
      abstrakt.vade.info
    • Feb 07 2007 | 11:04 pm
      never been so happy to see the crash report in my life.
      On Feb 7, 2007, at 5:46 PM, Joshua Kit Clayton wrote:
      >
      > On Feb 7, 2007, at 1:57 PM, joshua goldberg wrote:
      >
      >> now i need a way to test email notifications of max crashing, and
      >> it occurred to me: what i want is an object that will reliably
      >> crash max if i send it a bang.
      >>
      >> can someone write this for me? call it 'oops' or something like
      >> that. curtains' evil brother. anyone?
      >
      > Already there.
      >
      > ; max crash
      >
      > -Joshau
      >
    • Feb 07 2007 | 11:21 pm
      On 7 Feb 2007, at 23:04, joshua goldberg wrote:
      > never been so happy to see the crash report in my life.
      Any chance of implementing
      ; max nocrash
      ?
    • Feb 07 2007 | 11:24 pm
      On Feb 7, 2007, at 3:04 PM, vade wrote:
      > Thank you sir! We owe you a double power crystal (the real kind)!
      You'll need to send to DDZ. He's the mind behind that feature.
      -Joshua
    • Feb 07 2007 | 11:32 pm
    • Feb 08 2007 | 4:52 pm
      Nick Rothwell wrote:
      > ; max nocrash
      Did you try it? It didn't crash on me... ;-)
      Max even says it doesn't understand nocrash, that is almost prophecy...
      Stefan
      --
      Stefan Tiedje------------x-------
      --_____-----------|--------------
      --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()-------
      -- _|_)----|-----()--------------
      ----------()--------www.ccmix.com
    • Feb 08 2007 | 6:01 pm
      wink wink nudge nudge
      Quote: nick rothwell / cassiel wrote on Wed, 07 February 2007 15:21
      ----------------------------------------------------
      >
      > On 7 Feb 2007, at 23:04, joshua goldberg wrote:
      >
      > > never been so happy to see the crash report in my life.
      >
      > Any chance of implementing
      >
      > ; max nocrash
      >
      > ?
      >
      >
      ----------------------------------------------------
    • Feb 08 2007 | 6:23 pm
      On 8 Feb 2007, at 16:52, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
      >> ; max nocrash
      >
      > Did you try it? It didn't crash on me... ;-)
      Indeed - you're right.
      What's more, "; max noelephant" appears to be implemented as well.