Max 5 File Loading Issues - PLUS MORE!!!


    May 13 2008 | 11:40 pm
    So i have this wonderful patch that ive been building for two years now, Starting back in 4.5... Now that ive gotten on the 5 bandwagon, Ive been experiencing a really haenous issue that im hoping can be fixed.
    I opened my old patch in max5, made changes, then saved it - no biggie.
    When i re-opened the patch, i got this error: //
    error parsing patcher file FYM.maxpat parsing string, possible missing quote: line=3210, char=28, text='...{ "maxclass" : "toggle", "varname" : "'
    //
    i also saved a version with no changes - same issue - but sees the error on different line number by about 22 lines.
    Ive opened the file as text (very handy BTW) - but dont see the issue that it claims to be having. Also would be very helpful to have a line number readout or EVEN a "GOTO" line number thingamabob...
    Also in the process of trying to club this problem with a rock, ive found that I cant seem to copy all the objects from one patch to another. I 'selected all', then hit copy - opened a new patcher - then pasted... nothing happened!!!
    thanks in advance!
    _jf

    • May 14 2008 | 12:17 am
      Try breaking the patch up in to smaller parts and loading them.
      If you can isloate where the problem is and you still can't figure out what's going on - email the problem into support.
      support at cycling 74 dot com.
      Cheers
      -A
    • May 14 2008 | 12:17 am
      On May 14, 2008, at 12:40 AM, dr.light wrote:
      > So i have this wonderful patch that ive been building for two years > now, Starting back in 4.5... > Now that ive gotten on the 5 bandwagon, Ive been experiencing a > really haenous issue that im hoping can be fixed.
      enjoy soup
      already running in a server near you
      washing machine for now
      a
    • May 14 2008 | 11:38 am
      I had this problem with a patch. It boiled down to an unprintable character (Ctrl-D) embedded into a comment.
      You can take the .maxpat file, open it with a text editor, go to the line number and position indicated in the error message, and delete the gremlin. It's helpful if you have a text editor with a "Show Invisibles" or similar option.
      HtH, P.