Max Window Gone Forever


    Dec 29 2006 | 5:04 pm
    Does anyone know how to get an offscreen Max window back into visible
    territory? The usual Option+click doesn't work on the Max window like
    it does on patch windows.
    thanks,
    wes

    • Dec 29 2006 | 5:10 pm
      Command+M on a MAC
      or "Window>Max" from the menu bar.
      ...either will bring your Max window back to the front or restore it from being minimized...is this what you were asking?
    • Dec 29 2006 | 5:20 pm
      Quote: wesley.hoke@gmail.com wrote on Fri, 29 December 2006 18:04
      ----------------------------------------------------
      > Does anyone know how to get an offscreen Max window back into visible
      > territory? The usual Option+click doesn't work on the Max window like
      > it does on patch windows.
      >
      > thanks,
      > wes
      >
      ----------------------------------------------------
      Alt-select the max window in Menu -> Window is probably what you're looking for.
      While you're on multi-screen, you could just as well have a look at that old pending thread: http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=87137&rid=3579&S=b5879094acba13a5b160c2e35a9cfdb1#msg_87137 ;)
      Mattijs
    • Dec 29 2006 | 5:24 pm
      Oh um, I actually meant Alt-select the Max menu option.
    • Dec 29 2006 | 5:29 pm
      Not exactly. My Max window is not minimized or in the back, it's in
      the boondocks (i.e. way offscreen) and I need to get it back.
      wes
      On 12/29/06, scott
      wrote:
      >
      > Command+M on a MAC
      >
      > or "Window>Max" from the menu bar.
      >
      > ...either will bring your Max window back to the front or restore it from being minimized...is this what you were asking?
      >
    • Dec 29 2006 | 5:38 pm
      On OSX, the option-select thing is equivalent to alt-select. I've
      tried this and it doesn't work unfortunately.
      wes
      On 12/29/06, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:
      >
      > Oh um, I actually meant Alt-select the Max menu option.
      > --
      > SmadSteck - http://www.smadsteck.nl
      > Interactive audiovisual sampling soft- and hardware
      >
      >
    • Dec 29 2006 | 5:44 pm
      Es war der 29.12.2006 18:29 Uhr, als Wesley Smith nicht widerstehen konnte,
      folgende Gedanken dem Netz anzuvertrauen:
      > Not exactly. My Max window is not minimized or in the back, it's in
      > the boondocks (i.e. way offscreen) and I need to get it back.
      The position of the max window is saved with maxoptions.txt which is in
      /Users/yourhome/Library/Preferences/Max 4.6 Preferences Folder/
      There you should change the line with the message setmaxwindowsize to normal
      values, like this:
      max setmaxwindowsize 50 50 600 600;
      Then restart max.
      Andre
      --------------------------------------------------
      Andre Bartetzki
      http://www.bartetzki.de
      mailto:andre@bartetzki.de
      Tel +49-(0)30-92375877
      VoIP +49-(0)30-38108677
      Fax +49-(0)30-38108678
      Skype bartetzki
      --------------------------------------------------
    • Dec 29 2006 | 5:53 pm
      While pressing the Option key (aka Alt), select the "Max" menu command in the Window menu.
      Set back the Max bounds to default.
      Cheers,
      Philippe
    • Dec 29 2006 | 5:59 pm
      Thanks you! I was wondering where this was stored. I didn't know
      about /Library/Preferences. I seems that my Max window had 0 width.
      wes
      On 12/29/06, Andre Bartetzki wrote:
      > Es war der 29.12.2006 18:29 Uhr, als Wesley Smith nicht widerstehen konnte,
      > folgende Gedanken dem Netz anzuvertrauen:
      >
      > > Not exactly. My Max window is not minimized or in the back, it's in
      > > the boondocks (i.e. way offscreen) and I need to get it back.
      >
      >
      > The position of the max window is saved with maxoptions.txt which is in
      > /Users/yourhome/Library/Preferences/Max 4.6 Preferences Folder/
      >
      > There you should change the line with the message setmaxwindowsize to normal
      > values, like this:
      > max setmaxwindowsize 50 50 600 600;
      >
      > Then restart max.
      >
      >
      >
      > Andre
      >
      > --------------------------------------------------
      > Andre Bartetzki
      > http://www.bartetzki.de
      > mailto:andre@bartetzki.de
      >
      > Tel +49-(0)30-92375877
      > VoIP +49-(0)30-38108677
      > Fax +49-(0)30-38108678
      >
      > Skype bartetzki
      >
      > --------------------------------------------------
      >
      >
      >
    • Dec 30 2006 | 12:55 am
      Quote: Philippe Gruchet wrote on Fri, 29 December 2006 18:53
      ----------------------------------------------------
      > While pressing the Option key (aka Alt), select the "Max" menu command in the Window menu.
      > Set back the Max bounds to default.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Philippe
      ----------------------------------------------------
      This works for me too, on Mac OS X.4.8, also when the max window is offscreen (which might happen when you disconnect a monitor from a multiscreen setup). Strange that it doesn't work for you, wesley.
    • Dec 30 2006 | 1:32 am
      See my last post.
      wes
      On 12/29/06, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:
      >
      > Quote: Philippe Gruchet wrote on Fri, 29 December 2006 18:53
      > ----------------------------------------------------
      > > While pressing the Option key (aka Alt), select the "Max" menu command in the Window menu.
      > > Set back the Max bounds to default.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Philippe
      > ----------------------------------------------------
      >
      > This works for me too, on Mac OS X.4.8, also when the max window is offscreen (which might happen when you disconnect a monitor from a multiscreen setup). Strange that it doesn't work for you, wesley.
      > --
      > SmadSteck - http://www.smadsteck.nl
      > Interactive audiovisual sampling soft- and hardware
      >
      >
    • Dec 30 2006 | 3:06 am
      Quote: wesley.hoke@gmail.com wrote on Sat, 30 December 2006 02:32
      ----------------------------------------------------
      > See my last post.
      >
      > wes
      Ah, width 0.. that's nasty. Which 1337 h4x0r1ng skills did you use to make that happen? ;)
      >
      > On 12/29/06, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:
      > >
      > > Quote: Philippe Gruchet wrote on Fri, 29 December 2006 18:53
      > > ----------------------------------------------------
      > > > While pressing the Option key (aka Alt), select the "Max" menu command in the Window menu.
      > > > Set back the Max bounds to default.
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,
      > > > Philippe
      > > ----------------------------------------------------
      > >
      > > This works for me too, on Mac OS X.4.8, also when the max window is offscreen (which might happen when you disconnect a monitor from a multiscreen setup). Strange that it doesn't work for you, wesley.
      > > --
      > > SmadSteck - http://www.smadsteck.nl
      > > Interactive audiovisual sampling soft- and hardware
      > >
      > >
      >
      ----------------------------------------------------
    • Dec 30 2006 | 3:15 am
      maxoptions.txt in prefs
      -A
    • Dec 30 2006 | 3:43 am
      For some reason using a DVI->Composite adapter made my screen go black
      and fragged all windows. This is how the Max window got 0 width. I
      don't know why this happens but it does.
      wes
      On 12/29/06, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:
      >
      > Quote: wesley.hoke@gmail.com wrote on Sat, 30 December 2006 02:32
      > ----------------------------------------------------
      > > See my last post.
      > >
      > > wes
      >
      > Ah, width 0.. that's nasty. Which 1337 h4x0r1ng skills did you use to make that happen? ;)
      >
      > >
      > > On 12/29/06, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Quote: Philippe Gruchet wrote on Fri, 29 December 2006 18:53
      > > > ----------------------------------------------------
      > > > > While pressing the Option key (aka Alt), select the "Max" menu command in the Window menu.
      > > > > Set back the Max bounds to default.
      > > > >
      > > > > Cheers,
      > > > > Philippe
      > > > ----------------------------------------------------
      > > >
      > > > This works for me too, on Mac OS X.4.8, also when the max window is offscreen (which might happen when you disconnect a monitor from a multiscreen setup). Strange that it doesn't work for you, wesley.
      > > > --
      > > > SmadSteck - http://www.smadsteck.nl
      > > > Interactive audiovisual sampling soft- and hardware
      > > >
      > > >
      > >
      > ----------------------------------------------------
      >
      >
      > --
      > SmadSteck - http://www.smadsteck.nl
      > Interactive audiovisual sampling soft- and hardware
      >
      >
    • Dec 30 2006 | 7:42 am
      Did you try moving you computer 40 cm to the right or left to see if
      that makes the window show up again?
      ;-)
      Trond
      Wesley Smith wrote:
      > Not exactly. My Max window is not minimized or in the back, it's in
      > the boondocks (i.e. way offscreen) and I need to get it back.
      >
      > wes