I thought this should be of interest for a lot of users here.
My question is, what is the most efficient (CPU/GPU-wise) way to play back 4 simultaneous movies WITHOUT hiccups (not PhotoJPEG, it?s DV and yes I know I know PhotoJpeg is more efficient but there is no time to convert all those movies).
I tried ALOT and could find no REAL theoretical/practical solution what would be best. My starting patch for discussion is below (think it as 4 times).
Variation1 (as in the patch):
1) Use individual qmetros for jit.gl.render and jit.qt.movie
2) Use @out_name in jit.qt.movie
1) Use one "Master" qmetro to bang everything (in the right? order t b b b erase)
2) Use direct connection to jit.gl.slab from jit.qt.movie
1) Use jit.qt.movie -> jit.gl.texture -> jit.gl.gridshape -> jit.gl.videoplane
To be honest I couldn?t manage this without a loss in quality of the picture.
Anyhow, here is the starting patch for discussion: