NewThump


    Apr 28 2008 | 9:58 am
    I put up an example, called NewThump, on my examples page: http://xfade.com/max/examples/
    It has a collection of techniques regarding the new Max timing world.
    I hope someone finds it useful,
    Chris
    Chris Muir
    cbm@well.com

    • Apr 28 2008 | 4:20 pm
      This looks great. I downloaded it and it works fine on 5.01 but I am
      trying to look at the innards for transport and synthesizer
      connections. I've opened and unlocked all of the sub patches. Are
      they in the .xml file somehow?
      Cheers
      Gary Lee Nelson
      TIMARA Department
      Oberlin College
      www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
      On Apr 28, 2008, at 5:58 AM, Chris Muir wrote:
      >
      > I put up an example, called NewThump, on my examples page: http://
      > xfade.com/max/examples/
      >
      > It has a collection of techniques regarding the new Max timing world.
      >
      > I hope someone finds it useful,
      > Chris
      >
      > Chris Muir
      > cbm@well.com
      > http://www.xfade.com
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
    • Apr 28 2008 | 6:23 pm
      On Apr 28, 2008, at 9:20 AM, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:
      > This looks great. I downloaded it and it works fine on 5.01 but I
      > am trying to look at the innards for transport and synthesizer
      > connections. I've opened and unlocked all of the sub patches. Are
      > they in the .xml file somehow?
      I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. There are metros driving
      the "Simple Kick", "Random Phrase", and "Noise Burst" sections, and a
      timepoint driving the "More Cowbell" section.
      The "Simple Kick" and "Random Phrase" metros are located in the
      abstraction SimplePulse.
      Chris Muir
      cbm@well.com
    • Apr 28 2008 | 9:22 pm
      Don't forget to turn off presentation mode!
    • Apr 29 2008 | 3:15 am
      On Apr 28, 2008, at 2:58 AM, Chris Muir wrote:
      > I put up an example, called NewThump, on my examples page: http://xfade.com/max/examples/
      >
      > It has a collection of techniques regarding the new Max timing world.
      >
      > I hope someone finds it useful,
      > Chris
      This is super cool, Chris. Thanks for the clearer image of Max's new
      time capabilities.
      Great patch name, too.
      Vlad
      Vlad Spears
      Tanj! I'm already out of Known Space!
      http://www.daevlmakr.com
    • Apr 29 2008 | 5:16 pm
      On Apr 28, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Vlad Spears wrote:
      >
      > On Apr 28, 2008, at 2:58 AM, Chris Muir wrote:
      >
      >> I put up an example, called NewThump, on my examples page: http://xfade.com/max/examples/
      >>
      >> It has a collection of techniques regarding the new Max timing world.
      >>
      >> I hope someone finds it useful,
      >> Chris
      >
      > This is super cool, Chris. Thanks for the clearer image of Max's
      > new time capabilities.
      Glad you find it informative.
      > Great patch name, too.
      :-)
      Chris Muir
      cbm@well.com