Nonrealtime sfrecord, metro and metro~


    Oct 22 2006 | 9:03 pm
    I have a VST synth receiving midievent messages generated from an algorithm that is triggered by bangs from a metro 250. It plays fine in real time although, as you can guess, it drives up the cpu % substantially. When I put it into nonrealtime in DSPstatus the metro seems to tick very slowly. I also tried metro~ with same results.
    Here is a short patch that illustrates the problem.
    Obviously I am missing something.
    Cheers Gary Lee Nelson Oberlin College www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson

    • Oct 23 2006 | 6:07 am
      Gary Lee Nelson wrote: > I have a VST synth receiving midievent messages generated from an algorithm > that is triggered by bangs from a metro 250. It plays fine in real time > although, as you can guess, it drives up the cpu % substantially. When I > put it into nonrealtime in DSPstatus the metro seems to tick very slowly. I > also tried metro~ with same results.
      To have scheduler events correctly timed in nonrealtime mode you have to put "scheduler in audointerrupt" on. Elsewise they are not synced...
      Stefan
      -- Stefan Tiedje------------x------- --_____-----------|-------------- --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()------- -- _|_)----|-----()-------------- ----------()--------www.ccmix.com
    • Oct 23 2006 | 9:01 am
      Hi, You have to know "scheduler in audo interrupt" does not work fine in nonrealtime mode (with sfplay~Z?). After a while, you'll notice a delay. I did not really had the time to check properly where the problem comes from, but there is a problem.
    • Oct 23 2006 | 2:08 pm
      Thanks Stefan. That did the trick with adstatus~ takeover = 1.
      On 10/23/06 2:07 AM, "Stefan Tiedje" wrote:
      > Gary Lee Nelson wrote: >> I have a VST synth receiving midievent messages generated from an algorithm >> that is triggered by bangs from a metro 250. It plays fine in real time >> although, as you can guess, it drives up the cpu % substantially. When I >> put it into nonrealtime in DSPstatus the metro seems to tick very slowly. I >> also tried metro~ with same results. > > To have scheduler events correctly timed in nonrealtime mode you have to > put "scheduler in audointerrupt" on. Elsewise they are not synced... > > Stefan
      Cheers Gary Lee Nelson Oberlin College www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
    • Oct 23 2006 | 4:00 pm
      I should have recalled this from my experience with render_node. I use record~ into a buffer. That works fine and is very fast.
      On 10/23/06 5:01 AM, "olivier pasquet" wrote:
      > Hi, > You have to know "scheduler in audo interrupt" does not work fine in > nonrealtime mode (with sfplay~Z?). After a while, you'll notice a > delay. I did not really had the time to check properly where the > problem comes from, but there is a problem. > _______________________________________________ > maxmsp mailing list > maxmsp@cycling74.com > https://cycling74.com/mailman/listinfo/maxmsp
      Cheers Gary Lee Nelson Oberlin College www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson