OSX 10.4.10 safe?


    Jul 18 2007 | 4:47 pm
    I've searched for this answer but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?
    Cheers Gary Lee Nelson Oberlin College www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson

    • Jul 18 2007 | 5:00 pm
      On 18 juil. 07, at 18:47, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:
      > I've searched for this answer but I can't seem to find a definitive > answer. > Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?
      If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn't recommend, there's problem with airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you gonna have to reinstall the drivers manually).
      ej
    • Jul 18 2007 | 5:13 pm
      There doesn't seem to be any problem with a non-pro MacBook though
    • Jul 18 2007 | 5:45 pm
      it seems to solve the audio problem. i didn't check...
      ...back to 10.4.9 and waiting...
    • Jul 18 2007 | 6:18 pm
      >I've searched for this answer but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. >Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?
      did it a few days ago, and i see no difference - of course i did it only because i have no gigs (etc) in the very near future.
      but seems to be totally harmless, all works - i don't see any difference to tell the truth
      than i am still on PPC
      best
      kasper -- Kasper T. Toeplitz noise, composition, bass, computer http://www.sleazeArt.com
    • Jul 18 2007 | 6:25 pm
      safe , I don't know (I did not do any concert with, at the moment) but I have worked on Max (programming only) since to days and no problem til yet,with airport either
      on a MacBookPro rev b
      os 10.4.10 max 4.6.3
    • Jul 18 2007 | 6:28 pm
      sorry I wanted to write best Eryck
    • Jul 18 2007 | 7:17 pm
      Yes, I am on a MacBook Pro and I use airport a lot. I'll wait then until things settle down.
      Thanks, ej and all other who responded.
      On 7/18/07 1:00 PM, "Emmanuel Jourdan" wrote:
      > On 18 juil. 07, at 18:47, Gary Lee Nelson wrote: > >> I've searched for this answer but I can't seem to find a definitive >> answer. >> Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10? > > If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn't recommend, there's problem with > airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you gonna have > to reinstall the drivers manually). > > ej > >
      Cheers Gary Lee Nelson Oberlin College www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
    • Jul 18 2007 | 7:18 pm
      On 18 Jul 2007, at 18:00, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:
      > If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn't recommend, there's problem > with airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you gonna > have to reinstall the drivers manually).
      I have a 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro on 10.4.10. Airport seems to work fine.
      -- N.
      Nick Rothwell / Cassiel.com Limited www.cassiel.com www.myspace.com/cassieldotcom www.loadbang.net
    • Jul 18 2007 | 7:28 pm
      G5 dual 1.8, OS X 10.4.10, MaxMSP 4.6.3 - all's well.
    • Jul 18 2007 | 7:45 pm
      On Jul 18, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Nick Rothwell wrote:
      > > On 18 Jul 2007, at 18:00, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote: > >> If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn't recommend, there's problem >> with airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you >> gonna have to reinstall the drivers manually). > > I have a 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro on 10.4.10. Airport seems > to work fine. >
      I'm on a 2.16 GHz Core Duo, OSX 10.4.10, MaxMSP 4.6.3 - no problems at all, and I use airport daily
      ---- Steven M. Miller Professor, Contemporary Music Program College of Santa Fe
      Home SFIFEM Atrium Sound Space OVOS CMP
    • Jul 18 2007 | 8:13 pm
      Working fine here on two Intel iMacs and an Intel Mini. I installed the Audio update on the iMacs, even though they didn't seem to need it; I tried on the Mini, but it rejected it ('don't need this update' indeed!) Cheers Roger