OSX 10.4.10 safe?


    Jul 18 2007 | 4:47 pm
    I've searched for this answer but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.
    Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?
    Cheers
    Gary Lee Nelson
    Oberlin College
    www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson

    • Jul 18 2007 | 5:00 pm
      On 18 juil. 07, at 18:47, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:
      > I've searched for this answer but I can't seem to find a definitive
      > answer.
      > Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?
      If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn't recommend, there's problem with
      airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you gonna have
      to reinstall the drivers manually).
      ej
    • Jul 18 2007 | 5:13 pm
      There doesn't seem to be any problem with a non-pro MacBook though
    • Jul 18 2007 | 5:45 pm
      it seems to solve the audio problem.
      i didn't check...
      ...back to 10.4.9
      and waiting...
    • Jul 18 2007 | 6:18 pm
      >I've searched for this answer but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.
      >Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?
      did it a few days ago, and i see no difference - of course i did it
      only because i have no gigs (etc) in the very near future.
      but seems to be totally harmless, all works - i don't see any
      difference to tell the truth
      than i am still on PPC
      best
      kasper
      --
      Kasper T. Toeplitz
      noise, composition, bass, computer
    • Jul 18 2007 | 6:25 pm
      safe , I don't know
      (I did not do any concert with, at the moment)
      but I have worked on Max (programming only) since to days
      and no problem til yet,with airport either
      on a MacBookPro rev b
      os 10.4.10
      max 4.6.3
    • Jul 18 2007 | 6:28 pm
      sorry I wanted to write
      best
      Eryck
    • Jul 18 2007 | 7:17 pm
      Yes, I am on a MacBook Pro and I use airport a lot. I'll wait then until
      things settle down.
      Thanks, ej and all other who responded.
      On 7/18/07 1:00 PM, "Emmanuel Jourdan" wrote:
      > On 18 juil. 07, at 18:47, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:
      >
      >> I've searched for this answer but I can't seem to find a definitive
      >> answer.
      >> Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?
      >
      > If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn't recommend, there's problem with
      > airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you gonna have
      > to reinstall the drivers manually).
      >
      > ej
      >
      >
      Cheers
      Gary Lee Nelson
      Oberlin College
      www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
    • Jul 18 2007 | 7:18 pm
      On 18 Jul 2007, at 18:00, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:
      > If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn't recommend, there's problem
      > with airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you gonna
      > have to reinstall the drivers manually).
      I have a 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro on 10.4.10. Airport seems to
      work fine.
      -- N.
      Nick Rothwell / Cassiel.com Limited
      www.cassiel.com
      www.myspace.com/cassieldotcom
      www.loadbang.net
    • Jul 18 2007 | 7:28 pm
      G5 dual 1.8, OS X 10.4.10, MaxMSP 4.6.3 - all's well.
    • Jul 18 2007 | 7:45 pm
      On Jul 18, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Nick Rothwell wrote:
      >
      > On 18 Jul 2007, at 18:00, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:
      >
      >> If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn't recommend, there's problem
      >> with airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you
      >> gonna have to reinstall the drivers manually).
      >
      > I have a 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro on 10.4.10. Airport seems
      > to work fine.
      >
      I'm on a 2.16 GHz Core Duo, OSX 10.4.10, MaxMSP 4.6.3 - no problems
      at all, and I use airport daily
      ----
      Steven M. Miller
      Professor, Contemporary Music Program
      College of Santa Fe
      Home
      SFIFEM
      Atrium Sound Space
      OVOS
      CMP
    • Jul 18 2007 | 8:13 pm
      Working fine here on two Intel iMacs and an Intel Mini.
      I installed the Audio update on the iMacs, even though they didn't seem to
      need it; I tried on the Mini, but it rejected it ('don't need this update'
      indeed!)
      Cheers
      Roger