[OT] ip cameras


    Aug 05 2007 | 10:50 am
    hi all, i once tried hooking up a prosilica gigabite camera (
    http://www.prosilica.com/products/ge_series.html) via jit.dx.grab , but the
    camera was not recognized.
    recently, i stumbled on a report regarding ip camera (the sweet looking
    elphel imaging device) and the fact that accessing them is trivial(?) thru
    the use of there built in support of rtsp streaming using a sdp (
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Description_Protocol ).
    so... as i have no access to such equipment as of now, did anyone try this
    method?
    yair

    • Aug 05 2007 | 4:26 pm
      I noticed that myself and have been eager to try it. I have not had a
      chance yet, as I no longer have access to an IP camera.
      seems like an awesome workaround.
      On Aug 5, 2007, at 6:50 AM, yair reshef wrote:
      > hi all, i once tried hooking up a prosilica gigabite camera (http://
      > www.prosilica.com/products/ge_series.html) via jit.dx.grab , but
      > the camera was not recognized.
      > recently, i stumbled on a report regarding ip camera (the sweet
      > looking elphel imaging device) and the fact that accessing them is
      > trivial(?) thru the use of there built in support of rtsp
      > streaming using a sdp ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
      > Session_Description_Protocol ).
      > so... as i have no access to such equipment as of now, did anyone
      > try this method?
      > http://adrienm.blogspot.com/2006/10/using-elphel-ip-cam-with-
      > quartz.html
      >
      > yair
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info
      abstrakt.vade.info
    • Aug 07 2007 | 4:15 pm
      i knew i could count on u Vade. ill find an excuse
      to buy one...
      On 8/5/07, vade wrote:
      >
      > I noticed that myself and have been eager to try it. I have not had a
      > chance yet, as I no longer have access to an IP camera.
      > seems like an awesome workaround.
      >
      > On Aug 5, 2007, at 6:50 AM, yair reshef wrote:
      >
      > hi all, i once tried hooking up a prosilica gigabite camera (
      > http://www.prosilica.com/products/ge_series.html) via jit.dx.grab , but
      > the camera was not recognized.
      > recently, i stumbled on a report regarding ip camera (the sweet looking
      > elphel imaging device) and the fact that accessing them is trivial(?) thru
      > the use of there built in support of rtsp streaming using a sdp (
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Description_Protocol ).
      > so... as i have no access to such equipment as of now, did anyone try this
      > method?
      > http://adrienm.blogspot.com/2006/10/using-elphel-ip-cam-with-quartz.html
      >
      > yair
      >
      >
      > *v a d e //*
      >
      > *www.vade.info*
      > *abstrakt.vade.info*
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
    • Aug 07 2007 | 4:54 pm
      Im not sure how the IP camera works, but I was able to get some
      images in via a java external to control some web security cameras
      that also had mechanical pan/scan/zoom functions. You might be able
      to use that if the SDP workaround doesnt work.
      On Aug 7, 2007, at 12:15 PM, yair reshef wrote:
      > i knew i could count on u Vade. ill find an excuse
      > to buy one...
      > On 8/5/07, vade wrote:
      > I noticed that myself and have been eager to try it. I have not had
      > a chance yet, as I no longer have access to an IP camera.
      >
      > seems like an awesome workaround.
      >
      > On Aug 5, 2007, at 6:50 AM, yair reshef wrote:
      >
      >> hi all, i once tried hooking up a prosilica gigabite camera
      >> ( http://www.prosilica.com/products/ge_series.html) via
      >> jit.dx.grab , but the camera was not recognized.
      >> recently, i stumbled on a report regarding ip camera (the sweet
      >> looking elphel imaging device) and the fact that accessing them is
      >> trivial(?) thru the use of there built in support of rtsp
      >> streaming using a sdp ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
      >> Session_Description_Protocol ).
      >> so... as i have no access to such equipment as of now, did anyone
      >> try this method?
      >> http://adrienm.blogspot.com/2006/10/using-elphel-ip-cam-with-
      >> quartz.html
      >>
      >> yair
      >
      > v a d e //
      >
      > www.vade.info
      > abstrakt.vade.info
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      v a d e //
      www.vade.info
      abstrakt.vade.info