pak problem


    Oct 18 2006 | 2:05 pm
    goodmorning everybody :-)
    i stil dont understand why everytime i load a patch that has "pak" object in, this object will always apppear as missing. I watch then into my max folder and i see that i have this object. So, why it is not seen by max at the startup? Any help pretty much appreciated
    Thanks
    tom

    • Oct 18 2006 | 7:15 pm
      check for any max patches or other files with the name "pak" in your search paths. If you name a file the same as an existing max object you can run into problems like that.
      -thijs
      On 10/18/06, tommaso perego wrote: > > goodmorning everybody:-) > > i stil dont understand why everytime i load a patch that has "*pak*" > object in, > this object will always apppear as missing. > I watch then into my max folder and i see that i have this object. > So, why it is not seen by max at the startup? > Any help pretty much appreciated > > Thanks > > tom > > > > > >
    • Oct 19 2006 | 3:57 pm
      thank you i solved the problem throwing off pak.gif/pak.jpg that comes with jitter.
      by the way now, i've lost the preference option menu and im in very trouble, and i dont know why...
      i posted a new thread.
      thank you
    • Oct 19 2006 | 9:30 pm
      Thijs Koerselman wrote: > check for any max patches or other files with the name "pak" in your > search paths. If you name a file the same as an existing max object you > can run into problems like that.
      recently we there was the same problem with the eijies installed, which had a java class with the same name as a standard max object, I believe it was mtof or something like that...
      It seems there is another feature request for Max 5 - "search on" if it doesn't fit, to get rid of most of the fragload errors as well...
      Stefan
      -- Stefan Tiedje------------x------- --_____-----------|-------------- --(_|_ ----|-----|-----()------- -- _|_)----|-----()-------------- ----------()--------www.ccmix.com
    • Oct 20 2006 | 7:55 am
      On 19 oct. 06, at 23:30, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
      > Thijs Koerselman wrote: >> check for any max patches or other files with the name "pak" in >> your search paths. If you name a file the same as an existing max >> object you can run into problems like that. > > recently we there was the same problem with the eijies installed, > which had a java class with the same name as a standard max object, > I believe it was mtof or something like that...
      I must say, if the ejies are correctly installed (in the C74:/java/ classes folder for the java classes), you won't have any problem.
      Best, ej