pattrstorage question: adding clients dynamically?


    Apr 12 2010 | 5:06 pm
    i have a pattrstorage in my main patch, and i'm dynamically creating copies of a patch with a pattr inside...
    only problem is the clientlist doesnt update in pattrstorage. is there a message i have missed which will update / rescan available clients?
    thanks
    justin

    • Apr 13 2010 | 3:00 pm
      here's an example of the problem i am facing, please download the zip files for main patch and sub-patcher.
      essentially, my question is: how do you update the client list in pattrstorage if your patch uses scripting to create new sub-patchers with pattrs? is this even possible?
      one thing i have noticed is that if i recreate the pattrstorage after dynamically creating subpatches then the clientlist updates... but that seems like it could throw up other problems
      thanks
      j
    • Apr 13 2010 | 3:40 pm
      I think you forgot the [autopattr] in your pattrclone abstraction
      hope this helps
      léo
    • Apr 13 2010 | 3:54 pm
      thanks léo,
      i didnt think autopattr would be necessary, if i'm using a [named] pattr... but that doesnt seem to work anyway.
      i just tried it and i get error msg in max window:
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
    • Apr 14 2010 | 5:20 pm
      I can reproduce it. The strange thing is that it works with named ui object, that's maybe a workaround.
      See example attached
      note : pattr objects can not be seen by a parent pattrstorage if there's no autopattr object in the abstraction (that's not true for simple subpatches)
    • Apr 15 2010 | 8:48 am
      leo,
      if it works with named ui objects, then its looking more and more like a bug...
      can someone from c74 verify?
      thanks,
      j
    • Apr 20 2010 | 1:42 pm
      c74 support are looking into this, and have suggested sending: "subscribemode 0" to pattrstorage to update the clientlist. i have tested this and it works on my system.
      j
    • Aug 08 2013 | 3:56 pm
      Three years later, difference person, different place, but same error message, this time 18 times :
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
      If it's a bug, it's still in there ! :-)
    • Dec 13 2016 | 8:30 pm
      Three more years later (because I was seeing this today)…
      I was getting a number of these errors in one of my patchers. It was happening in an abstraction where there were a few [pattr] objects which had both an @initial value hardcoded into them as wells as connected [loadmess #1] boxes sending values into them.
      The errors were cleaned up when I changed the @initial value to be #1 and removed the [loadmess] objects (which were redundant).