Placement of RE: in subject lines


    Feb 14 2006 | 2:10 am
    I used to be able to cull messages from the max list by selecting all messages with "maxmsp" and then displaying by subject. Now we have "RE: [maxmsp]" and [maxmsp] RE: RE:" and other variations. This causes messages with the same subject to be sometimes widely separated in a subject sort.
    In general, I like the new list but why should some things become harder?
    Slainte, Gary Lee Nelson TIMARA Department Oberlin College www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson

    • Feb 14 2006 | 10:09 am
      On 14 Feb 2006, at 02:10, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:
      > I used to be able to cull messages from the max list by selecting all > messages with "maxmsp" and then displaying by subject.
      Filtering by subject line places one in a state of sin.
      This is my chunk of procmail for the MaxMSP list:
      * ^(To:|CC:|Resent-To:|Reply-To:) .*max.*@cycling74.com
      (having filtered the more-specific Cycling lists earlier on.)
      I see I even still have a nested Antiorp filter:
      :0 * ^From: integer@www.god-emil.dk /dev/null
      -- N.
      nick rothwell -- composition, systems, performance -- http:// www.cassiel.com