polybuffer~ in standalone


    Nov 24 2013 | 8:13 am
    Hello everyone,
    I designed a patch that uses polybuffer~ which runs fine when the patch is run from max. When I build it as a standalone, the polybuffer~ is not found, it becomes a red-ish "bogus" object. Why is that? I tried including it from the "build" panel, but with no luck. How do i solve this ? Thank you in advance.
    Nikolas

    • Nov 24 2013 | 4:45 pm
      Anyone had that problem before ?
    • Nov 25 2013 | 8:48 am
      I've got a patch which uses polybuffer~ that I'm working on at the moment. If nobody replies I'll try and make it into a standalone and see if I get the same thing.
      You should add your system and Max spec details to posts like this, as that can make a difference - are you on the latest Max version for instance?
    • Nov 25 2013 | 9:04 am
      Hi Mark,
      I have Max 6.1.5 on a mid 2009 MacBook Pro, with OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
    • Nov 25 2013 | 9:57 am
      I build the standalone on my Windows PC also, and polybuffer works fine. So this is a Mac problem i presume? It's not that the object malfunctions, but is not detected, like it doesn't exist. But i get now error on the standalone max window "polybuffer~ not a object".
      If any one has an answer i would really appreciate it!
      Nikolas
    • Nov 25 2013 | 10:43 am
      Hi, I don't know if it can help but I've had a similar problem. And someone give me this solution:
    • Nov 25 2013 | 11:06 am
      Hi FREDDUD, the problem i have is not a path related one. But thanks for your reply. And if by someone you mean "korax_ole", I am actually flattered, cause that's me! So, I am glad you found this useful!!
      Nikolas
    • Nov 25 2013 | 11:58 am
      Ok, I just tried building a standalone and it's working fine for me. I'm on Max 6.1.4 and OSX 10.7.5, so maybe it's a bug with 6.1.5 on Mavericks. If it's possible and helpful I could try to build your project on my machine for you. Perhaps you should get in touch with support though, it may just be a bug. Fredud - what version of max/osx are you on?
    • Nov 25 2013 | 12:31 pm
      Yes , very helpful, thanks a lot
    • Nov 25 2013 | 1:23 pm
      Thank you Mark for the offer, but it needs to be 6.1.5 on Mavericks, cause it's going to the Mac App Store. I will contact support, and let you know! Thank you again, for your answers!
      Nik
    • Nov 25 2013 | 2:05 pm
      Ok, no worries. Let us know what the problem is for the record.
    • Nov 25 2013 | 4:18 pm
      Make sure the standalone object has the "extensions" attribute checked. polybuffer~.mx* uses the polybuffer.mx* located in the Cycling '74/extensions folder.
    • Nov 27 2013 | 8:13 am
      Yes, the extensions are checked.
      I was building an mxf of the patch, and replacing the mxf inside the .app build from a previous patch version. Both max 6.1.5. with extensions included. The polybuffer.mxo was present inside the support/extensions/polybuffer.mxo, but was not found from the replaced mxf.
      Rebuilding the project/patch anew, seemed to work OK.