Re: audiounit~ public beta
Thanks for this long awaited plug-in.
A couple of remarks:
– i first opened the help file, and a scan started. As the iLok key for MOTU’s MachFive wasn’t plugged into my laptop, a MOTU window appeared asking if I wanted to authorize or cancel, but it was impossible to click on those buttons. I had to kill Max and logout to get rid of this MOTU window. And I had to plug the iLok to be able to try the plug-in.
– I use 2 monitors. It seems that the option-Window menu trick doesn’t work to put the AU window on the main screen.
It looks like the AU window position depends on its previous position, so I often had the plug-in window’s title bar hidden under the menu, with no way to move this window.
– I couldn’t get any sound from the couple of instruments I tried, but I didn’t try for a long time.
– if you dble-click very fast in the audiounit~ box after you selected a new plug-in, you wil get the window of the previous plug-in.
– a plug-in like the free TC M30 reverb doesn’t have a bypass, so the bypass message doesn’t work.
– in the help file a clear message before the creation of the plug-in list thru the getpluginnames mesage would be nice.
– I now just closed the help window (while the [p midi] and 2 AU windows were open), and I have the spining wheel. I had to kill Max (the report is attached).