Hi, just wanted to mention this bug still exists in Max6.
I made a C external to test my theory about the float bytes being treated as int bytes (or being assigned to floats before being treated as ints in the case of
outletHigh(int outletIdx, java.lang.String message, int values).
I’ve attached the external, the source code, and an updated example patch using the external in case that is useful in getting this bug fixed or if anyone needed to use this external to work around this bug.
Right now this external was quickly made to test my theory about the bug, so you will notice that it only appropriately handles output from the
outletHigh(int outletIdx, java.lang.String message, float values) or
outletHigh(int outletIdx, java.lang.String message, int values) are used and I have not tested it for performance at all. I will upload another version later when I add code to handle all possible
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help squash this bug.