Re: crashes > changing matrix name inside a pfft~
For them who are interested in this issue,
I got in touch with the cycling74 support and he pointed out
that something is amiss with jit.poke and jit.peek inside a pfft~
Therefore I must do some correction/resume about my above crash description:
>first: I use jit.poke~ inside the first pfft~ to write my audio signal into a matrix and make the fftin
>second: I have my jit.matrix outside the pfft~ in my main patch for storing all the spectrum data
>third: I use jit.peek~ inside the second pfft~ to read the matrix data and complete the fftout
>fourth: changing simultaneously the name of jit.poke~, jit.peek~ and jit.matrix crashes MAX/MSP
After reading in the Computer Music Journal the great article of Jean-François Charles I started to work in this direction involving spectrum and his transformation in real time performances and recently I found a way to quickly use/update/store/change data into multiple matrix in real time.
The job is greatly done changing simultaneously the name of the objects involved reducing the expensive CPU use of many pfft~ or various jit.op/jit.expr.
Ok…that’s not a big discovery but is really performative and at a minor use of CPU. The issue is that after an indefinite amount of time MAX/MSP crashes
and I can only make suppositions about that…
With a different approach it’s possible to avoid crashes but at a double cost of CPU for this task. Here is my patch easy to use/understand;
for them who are interested to find a solution to the crash problem it will be needed to change both the pfft~ with Z-IN/OUT included in the folder.