This patch does a kind of gritty Buffershuffler-esque reordering of the last bar of audio.
I’ve hard coded it with crusty old drumLoop.aif to reduce clutter in the patch, but you’ll be able to pretty easily open it out to other files or live input.
Next steps to take in its evolution could be
- adding variation to the amount of history being collected
– auto changing the number of steps
– adding an envelope to each step
– changing the direction of playback of a step
– copying out parts of audio history into other buffers so that you build up a more diverse history of audio
You’ll need both Overdrive and SIAI on so that the phasor~ @lock is steady.