1. Load the patch below with watcher.js as attached:
autowatch = 1;
2. I see "loading 3" in the Max window.
3. Now change the post message in the JS file to "loading autowatch".
4. I see nothing new in the Max Window.
5. Clicking on the "compile" button, I see "loading autowatch" in the Max Window.
6. Sending the messages autowatch 1 or autowatch 0 into the patch has no effect.
In this setup, the compile button does work. In my more complex setup, the compile button does not appear to work. If needed, I can distill that down later into a more complete test.
— Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. —
Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.