REVERB IN MAX MSP


    Nov 16 2006 | 12:19 pm
    I need to create reverb using max msp, is it as simple as tap in and tap out? any help would be much appreciated thanks

    • Nov 16 2006 | 12:48 pm
      have a look in Examples/Effects/Reverb, and no, it's not as simple as tap in/out. Tap in/out will give you simple delays, but reverb is a much more complex issue - remember you are trying to simulate the effect of hundreds of delayed signals bouncing off of multiple surfaces. There are many tricks incorporated in the production of reverb effects - go Google, cheers Roger
      --- Freddy wrote:
      > > I need to create reverb using max msp, is it as > simple as tap in and tap out? > any help would be much appreciated > thanks >
    • Nov 16 2006 | 4:16 pm
      There's an example called yafr(Yet Another Free Reverb) in the examples somewhere...
      Check out Olaf Matthes - Freeverb external (then it's easier than tapin~ / tapout~)
      if you don't mind spendin a little money, check out tap.verb in tap.tools...
      Try searching for Reverb or Room in www.maxobjects.com...
    • Nov 16 2006 | 4:19 pm
      you may also use a plugin in [vst~], or the [tap.verb~] object in Tap Tools http://www.electrotap.com/taptoolsmax/
      At 13.48 16/11/2006, you wrote: >have a look in Examples/Effects/Reverb, and no, it's >not as simple as tap in/out. > Tap in/out will give you simple delays, but reverb is >a much more complex issue - remember you are trying to >simulate the effect of hundreds of delayed signals >bouncing off of multiple surfaces. >There are many tricks incorporated in the production >of reverb effects - go Google, >cheers >Roger > >--- Freddy wrote: > > > > > I need to create reverb using max msp, is it as > > simple as tap in and tap out? > > any help would be much appreciated > > thanks > > >
    • Nov 16 2006 | 7:22 pm
      I would suggest researching infos on Moores' model for reverberation... pretty much standard for allot of realtime not bad sounding low cpu usage methods for creating reverb.
    • Nov 16 2006 | 7:24 pm
      tap in tap out i think is for delay calibration only.
      The reverb is probably one of the most complex and precision focused effects that includes, in itself, a number of internal subordinate filters.
      Personaly, I think Eventide Corp. manufactures the most comprehensive and over-priced reverb devices on the market. Doese anyone know if they offer soft-simulation for their DSP harmonizers?
    • Nov 16 2006 | 10:03 pm
      On 16-Nov-2006, at 20:22, Tyler Nitsch wrote:
      > I would suggest researching infos on Moores' model for > reverberation... pretty much standard for allot of realtime not bad > sounding low cpu usage methods for creating reverb.
      And then there's my favorite section in Andy Moorer's classic "About This Reverbration Business": So Now What's Wrong?
      -------------- http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ------------- Peter Castine +--> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter Universal Binaries on the way iCE: Sequencing, Recording & Interface Building for |home | chez nous| Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri| http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de