sensors and wireless transmitting


    Feb 09 2008 | 2:52 am
    Is there a solution for wireless transmitting of data generated by sensors?
    I am currently working on a project where that is need.
    Loom

    • Feb 09 2008 | 5:03 am
      bluetoth arduino would work unless you need wide coverage.
      You could use a wireless network, like wifi, and transmit data via OSC to and from Max. I've read some wifi routers actually being able to be hacked to run as wireless devices.
      I believe some control boards might be able to run off a wifi with a USB network stick, but I'm not positive about that.
      I's start with the arduino, they're relatively cheap, the bluetooth model's the most expensive.
    • Feb 09 2008 | 3:26 pm
      hello... I was interested in this thing, investigate a little, and found some good options, here you have the links:
    • Feb 09 2008 | 3:42 pm
      The picture shows both a USB and a DC connector. There isn't much description. How is this wireless?
      On 2/9/08 10:26 AM, "gamuso" wrote:
      > for midi wireless, the best: > http://www.musik-service.de/-prx395759292es.aspx
      Cheers, Gary Lee Nelson Oberlin College www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
    • Feb 09 2008 | 3:43 pm
      Arduino
      On 2/8/08 9:52 PM, "Martin Hansen" wrote:
      > > Is there a solution for wireless transmitting of data generated by sensors? > > I am currently working on a project where that is need. > > Loom > -- > Loom > Sound arts design . net
      Cheers, Gary Lee Nelson Oberlin College www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
    • Feb 09 2008 | 4:05 pm
      Quote: Gary Lee Nelson wrote on Sat, 09 February 2008 08:42 ---------------------------------------------------- > The picture shows both a USB and a DC connector. There isn't much > description. How is this wireless?
      hello, I haven't got more info, it's easy to copy the name, paste it in google, and then you will have all info available all over the world!.
    • Feb 09 2008 | 4:06 pm
      > > Is there a solution for wireless transmitting of data generated by > sensors?
      Bluetooth i-cubex iMote (MIT)
    • Feb 09 2008 | 4:26 pm
    • Feb 09 2008 | 5:04 pm
      I've done this using a bluetooth CUI made by Dan Overholt.
      They used to cost $200 though the price isn't marked on the site. He also gives instructions for making your own.
      Near the bottom of the page for the bluetooth bit.
      An even lower budget solution would be to hack a wireless game pad or a wiiremote, depending on how many inputs you need.
      Pete
    • Feb 09 2008 | 6:02 pm
      I used the Infusion Systems WiMicroDig in a theatre production. One of the drawbacks I found with using BlueTooth is that it needed to be manually reset whenever an actor wearing the transmitter moved out of range (to dressing room). Kind of tough to have an engineer reaching to reset that system while trying to mix.
      Just an FYI.
      On Feb 9, 2008, at 9:26 AM, gamuso wrote:
      > > hello... I was interested in this thing, investigate a little, and > found some good options, here you have the links: > > for midi wireless, the best: > http://www.musik-service.de/-prx395759292es.aspx > > > in think this bluetooth based best: > http://infusionsystems.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/98 > > > -- > www.davidfernandez.com.es > --------------------------- > PB 15" 1,67 Ghz. 1,5 G RAM. > Lacie 250 Gb. > Presonus FireBox > Ableton Live 6 >
    • Feb 09 2008 | 8:05 pm
      MidiTron Wireless (http://miditron.com) is designed to address many of the problems I've seen in this thread: - No Bluetooth, no resetting - Much larger range than any Bluetooth solution - Transmitter is a single, small unit so no need to use a sensor box plus a wireless MIDI unit - Minimal hacking - all you need to do is wire up or by pre-wired sensors. Extensive instructions on wiring sensors can be found here: http://eroktronix.com/wireless_manual.pdf
      Plus, I'm always here to answer your questions :-)
      Eric
      At 12:02 PM -0600 2/9/08, Cecil Averett wrote: >I used the Infusion Systems WiMicroDig in a theatre production. One >of the drawbacks I found with using BlueTooth is that it needed to >be manually reset whenever an actor wearing the transmitter moved >out of range (to dressing room). Kind of tough to have an engineer >reaching to reset that system while trying to mix. > >Just an FYI. > > >On Feb 9, 2008, at 9:26 AM, gamuso wrote: > >> >>hello... I was interested in this thing, investigate a little, and >>found some good options, here you have the links: >> >>for midi wireless, the best: >>http://www.musik-service.de/-prx395759292es.aspx >> >> >>in think this bluetooth based best: >>http://infusionsystems.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/98 >> >> >>-- >>www.davidfernandez.com.es >>--------------------------- >>PB 15" 1,67 Ghz. 1,5 G RAM. >>Lacie 250 Gb. >>Presonus FireBox >>Ableton Live 6 >> >
      --
      ******************************************** * MidiTron * * The MIDI to Real World Interface * * * * MidiTron Wireless * * The Wireless Sensor to MIDI Interface * * * * Now available from http://miditron.com * ********************************************
    • Feb 10 2008 | 12:59 pm
      A tutor of mine used a radio mic to send his controller data, not sure exactly how he went about it though.
      On 09/02/2008, Eric Singer wrote: > > MidiTron Wireless (http://miditron.com) is designed to address many > of the problems I've seen in this thread: > - No Bluetooth, no resetting > - Much larger range than any Bluetooth solution > - Transmitter is a single, small unit so no need to use a sensor box > plus a wireless MIDI unit > - Minimal hacking - all you need to do is wire up or by pre-wired > sensors. Extensive instructions on wiring sensors can be found here: > http://eroktronix.com/wireless_manual.pdf > > Plus, I'm always here to answer your questions :-) > > Eric > > At 12:02 PM -0600 2/9/08, Cecil Averett wrote: > >I used the Infusion Systems WiMicroDig in a theatre production. One > >of the drawbacks I found with using BlueTooth is that it needed to > >be manually reset whenever an actor wearing the transmitter moved > >out of range (to dressing room). Kind of tough to have an engineer > >reaching to reset that system while trying to mix. > > > >Just an FYI. > > > > > >On Feb 9, 2008, at 9:26 AM, gamuso wrote: > > > >> > >>hello... I was interested in this thing, investigate a little, and > >>found some good options, here you have the links: > >> > >>for midi wireless, the best: > >>http://www.musik-service.de/-prx395759292es.aspx > >> > >> > >>in think this bluetooth based best: > >>http://infusionsystems.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/98 > >> > >> > >>-- > >>www.davidfernandez.com.es > >>--------------------------- > >>PB 15" 1,67 Ghz. 1,5 G RAM. > >>Lacie 250 Gb. > >>Presonus FireBox > >>Ableton Live 6 > >> > > > > > -- > > ******************************************** > * MidiTron * > * The MIDI to Real World Interface * > * * > * MidiTron Wireless * > * The Wireless Sensor to MIDI Interface * > * * > * Now available from http://miditron.com * > ******************************************** >