I tried by a lot of ways to control the live set at high priority without success.
I am in a project that requires to control Ableton's transport (tempo / position / play / pause) with a relatively high time accuracy. I need to set some live_set properties at a rates below 10 ms, in a timely accurate way.
I see big limitations here:
- pretty slow (if I send more than 1 event per 20ms, it starts to queue events)
- async, but not a big issue
- tied to the undo history (can you imagine that with 50 actions per /sec )
- polluted by everything that happens in the UI thread
live.remote was my second hope, but nothing except DeviceParametter is reachable. No possibilities to set properties and call functions from there. strange design.
JS API is about the same, with additional JS overhead.
There is no LiveAPI that I we can access from Java, neither from C.
So my questions:
- Is there a workaround to our issue here ?
- Do you plan to release an SDK to create full M4L externals, and thus allow developers to bend Ableton at light speed ?
- If not, will it be possible to use the LOM (with live.object/remote) at a decent speed in future releases ?
Thx a lot.