As part of our electronic music festival, we host our 4th MSP Power User Symposium: a kind of nerd gathering where we talk about the toys (so we can focus on music during the concerts ;-)
Anyway, here is the list of presenters:
• Oli Larkin will talk about some of his latest work, including new effects designs and externals.
• Scott Hewitt will talk about the reasons he has started using ChucK and outline the befits to a Chuck based approach.
• Alex Harker will discuss recent approaches to making complex and dynamic patches in MaxMSP – strategies include the development of reusable and reliable externals for MaxMSP.
• Dave Bessell will talk about convincing physical models for real time performance in Max/msp, with some illustrations from his piece Ophidian, for flute physical model.
• P.A. Tremblay will talk about his use of ftm-based concatenative synthesis (Diemo Schwartz’s CataRT) in the design of his new laptop+bass instrument Sandbox#3.
The even is free, it is in our awesome new top-class Creative Arts Building at the University of Huddersfield, at 1pm on Saturday 30th January. As part of the http://www.GEMdays.co.uk
See you there.
27.01 videomusic night – Geoff Cox (with Philip Thomas – piano)
opening act: Sam Stock
28.01 mixed music night – Bennett Hogg + John Ferguson duet
opening act: Scott Hewitt
29.01 circuit bending night – double bill: Phil Archer & Rodrigo Constanzo
30.01 acousmatic night – Roger Doyle’s 60th birthday
opening act: Mark Bokowiec
31.01 laptop night – Jamie Fawcus & Paulina Sundin
opening act: Monty Adkins + PATremblay duet
For a full listing of events, workshops and pre-concert talks please go to http://www.gemdays.co.uk
Log in to reply
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74 | Terms & Conditions