Forums > MaxMSP

A new tool for Theater audio applications: Sophocles

July 8, 2008 | 9:15 am

hi everyone

just to tell you that a new audio file player dedicated to theater/ show applications has been released.

It features 6 virtual audio players, with a cue list and AutoCue for each one.
A convinient 12 x 12 audio matrix lets you route signals.

Because it has been built arount the JazzMutant’s Lemur, you get a perfect controler with audio files names and transport controls.

Sophocles is free, can be used without the Lemur on mac or PC thanks to Max5 runtime.

http://www.jazzmutant.com/workshop_templateslist.php?id=sophocles

Any feedback will be welcome :-)

enjoy

July 8, 2008 | 10:20 am

On 8 juil. 08, at 11:15, Olivier Sebillotte wrote:

> Any feedback will be welcome :-)

Nice trick to display text on the Lemur screen! Congratulations!

Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl
http://www.crfmw.be/max

July 8, 2008 | 11:08 am

Quote: Patrick Delges wrote on Tue, 08 July 2008 12:20
—————————————————-
>
> On 8 juil. 08, at 11:15, Olivier Sebillotte wrote:
>
> > Any feedback will be welcome :-)
>
>
> Nice trick to display text on the Lemur screen! Congratulations!
>
> _____________________________
> Patrick Delges
>
> Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl
> http://www.crfmw.be/max
>
>
—————————————————-

Thank you Patrick

Actually this was not my idea :)

It is a kind of temporary trick before the Lemur V2 offer a real dynamic text display.
You can have a look at jazzmutant’s forums about this.

November 29, 2008 | 8:54 pm

I am very interested in helping with this project. I am a max programmer, a jazzmutant hired gun, and a new york theater designer. I would love to build a full function qlab/sfx replacement in Jitter. I have built a lot of small patches custom for specific shows. What i am looking for still is layered fades and a cue list that involves automated actions as well as files to be cued. Right now I use a counter object with intense message boxes full of script to run the actions. As you know in the theater world, a designer wants to walk away with a system running on only a go button and all the scenes and fades are programmed. If you are a developer for sophocles please contact me!
brandone@brandonepperson.net

November 29, 2008 | 11:02 pm

Quote: piwolf wrote on Sat, 29 November 2008 21:54
—————————————————-
> I am very interested in helping with this project. I am a max programmer, a jazzmutant hired gun, and a new york theater designer. I would love to build a full function qlab/sfx replacement in Jitter. I have built a lot of small patches custom for specific shows. What i am looking for still is layered fades and a cue list that involves automated actions as well as files to be cued. Right now I use a counter object with intense message boxes full of script to run the actions. As you know in the theater world, a designer wants to walk away with a system running on only a go button and all the scenes and fades are programmed. If you are a developer for sophocles please contact me!
> brandone@brandonepperson.net
—————————————————-

Will be a pleasure :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums > MaxMSP