I’m having some problems with waveform~ showing the wrong buffers when using about 10 or more. I can’t work it out – there doesn’t seem to be any pattern – but every now and then the waveform~ shows the wrong buffer. Sometimes the wave display is copied onto some of the others sometimes not. All in all its extremely frustrating because I just CAN’T figure out what’s going on! I’ve searched the forums but the only time this problem has ever arrisen was 5 years ago, and it was never resolved.
Any ideas whats going on?
I would post a patch but I can’t reproduce it unfortunately.
Any tips at all would be most welcome,
I’ve had similar problems setting waveform objects to specific buffers.
I can alt+click the buffer to create a copy which then shows the linked buffer.
fwiw – you’re not alone. i too have had inconsistency issues with multiple onscreen waveform~ buffers. this is in max 5 though, so i attributed it to the graphics/gui side which isn’t too responsive on busy patches !
Managed to come up with a work around – making my own waveform~! I find myself having to do this a little too often, which shouldn’t be the case really. But anyway, i’ve used jit.lcd to make a basic waveform~ (based on someone’s post a while ago). I’ll post the patch. Hopefully it’ll be useful to someone.
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 1284.3ocyZtsiZiCF.9ZpTeGrB8htqXlM9TNz65yQUUURv.oMGPIlNLsZ2m8 0mBCCEFL4HRCwINg3e+4+S9m42u+cybhK2ypc.eB7EvrY+VzyLUexdl0zwLm 7n8IYQ0pGzIoLOmUvcVXtImsmqtQT055OAh2sZEqpHJms.Tm9K1dcyyK.wUh OqEehW.VINek37UwGdOYoErjxcEpWFto2sUrZwnEwSKK9VEKgqEVbvitK.Xr 7nq4.3qMeoUkEb4fJeVn71MurHdxlzh0G8hHpuMlJOFpdoD3wuphc4oEYLtZ tCOp2xc7ltcOdbkybEN9bUZT1gYW5RUmkwe+Apipu+88uS1JZVzc1mwJVy2. 3kfko0ayhdF7w75+BjVbd7hZAoPHEpfdJVE3KOhBGXVQZOqJXOIdC+IphAHm VL8oX0zGQ0JLnGoBVDbqSejESe8iyedKSOxNwQEqcVXZeY7NBSn9GSYkQK0C b6YktghT5M2LqfslUmkQv9mQ6J1Fk7CguGwesgS3.ksDDoZzFVijN0Jw5KWp ToO4rDKzeXTqxY00f4HvbbWflqR4J.NhJWW.Sd8Ol3UQE0YQbFHuFTGkuMSD ltMvRqTgvFlQmbZEzAW5REmn0r+DW4k+jIh88.DPcaClLVfXh1PLTGn6hTBM 7TBe2D3yvFTH8NLvWPG7pqjYm2ZlqmxPeSj+liWXl6dEsBKW58eQCtIcO4s5 e8g+QkRWW7pP0pDdWwoReZt7Fgqvt8Oi9dJ+QcT9VY5nUfH5PU9sz4KsMbRH 3eKOhWktWZ.Y+UmGsD7vfV83BffjMQURNICq2ERa1iBYLSkxJ.N.ajgChAof 3NfKjqJ6IhW6nEtK9zSK3usqcRX+ir+F.amCO8t9PAtlxNPuGb3QGHGdYIKA j9xjDqYFD4cmYRR6fIojRaeJsXY4SNWoRUtGJQko.JjWUppkrs7M5Zl8pbHN GP0jjPNNnhZaPu75NVHNEp1iZgsIqZ6URd4xfk9xBSQcREioDE2dWW8A.rMJ llMC0j8BZDydQ5z67Lya.1UTb05XvbBXNEL2aAHIiEU0FfQ7LjRowEN86NhN .ElPUIGYQRE6iD5J1GIXtOXd.XdXWb9YRDAEbEkLugmYCP3z5jnLlHjpXi2O BTAJ5Rz0F8K2QjUuQzUuAH55tekJcb2kT1z0Tkzx8bg671vW7Fdw7Ff5Pukw 9w+AlCOZSwYkUFlnisFD5BC8TQYMmAa4uFTilnqcEtFORZhCQIyVllC9.D7g VUSHB83BWa3zTFQHL3TDoeL0O60o+.mpIj7Fm.t5xcUIMiiwmoPq53j0p4oE GRt5KGRj7UO0lzkKMo7zzUd5xskByFij.95kWOsV3D9mrQ3jSAznKbh7YrU3 fiO4PVKbi+xZn+qYx4EN0hOYZH2UEt.3jPNhUVqmt3OljCcUcNuoSmyNxM9V qX67y4NIBW.wFg6zovc0xJdZHWnUQHDw0mDxEbGG32Rx4OM94rxfvyc5hPb8 vW27xJBFnKvmmrvvXehrQc0XlL0MyTDQKn9d5+G3BObU+H1V431aZLhNMGkK nJfmFgCOLtefXhVAUWOZ2Wtp+XJ7N0qouUZijvoywz0yN7lcoivPsqH0NzIM NlP8zBNAayBNYZVvoVEIhLMV3T+tYgCufvYVhGJKb6Xp7G.5F0SMBZnorlgG tpWDaq70OM6KzpMTS8mLYaLRBV1gn4+wqzAas -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
I can’t reproduce anything like that with the current version of Max. Please provide a patch, steps or any detailed information so we can investigate.
|I can’t reproduce anything like that with the current version of Max. Please provide a patch, steps or any detailed information so we can investigate.|
I can’t reproduce it either, and that’s the very annoying thing about it. It happened from time to time to me as well but whenever I sat down to track what causes it, I never got to a recipe for disaster, and I did my best. Since there’s so many reports, and this is not the first time, there must be something going on.
having similar problems with waveform~. also random here I can’t reproduce.
Forums > MaxMSP