i’m experimenting some ASIO related problem.
I have an RME Multiface with the PCI Cardbus Hammerfall HDSP.
I’ve done a simple 440Hz sine osc patch.
Played it in max 5.1.9 standalone using latest RME ASIO drivers : result aliasing. ( attachment 03 )
Played it in max 5.1.9 standalone using latest DirectSound drivers always with the RME : result everything ‘s fine ( attachment 02)
I did a Max4Live version of the same patch and played it in Ableton 8.2.5 using latest RME ASIO drivers : result everything ‘s fine ( attachment 01 )
Seems that ASIO implementation is strange ?
i’m on Windows 7.
when i was on Windows XP with older ASIO RME drivers everything was fine.
I don’t know if it’s a Cycling’74 issue or a RME one.
I did the same tests in reaktor.
Reaktor standalone aliases as max standalone does with asio rme drivers.
Reaktor loaded as a plugin in Ableton or Reaper sounds just fine. ( use to sound fine with older ASIO RME on Windows XP )
thanks for the attention and the help
i use to have the same problem on Reaktor 5.6.0 but yesterday i updated to Reaktor 5.6.1 and the problem is solved.
With MaxMSP 5.1.9 i still have the problem
I use(d) a lot of hosts.
So i can do a quick report of what works and what does not for the latest version of every host.
Bidule : Works
Usine : Works
Ableton Live ( with Max4Live ) : Works
Reaktor : Works
Reaper : Works
MaxMSP : Does not Work ( aliased sound )
Wavosaur : Does not Work ( aliased sound )
many thanks and all the best
Usine : Works
FWIW I’m not able to reproduce this problem with Max 5.1.9 and my RME Fireface, Windows 7 Pro 32
AFAIK i think that Firewire based drivers are different from PCM-CIA / PCI based ones.
thanks for the report