i’m new and say hello to everybody. i’m going to buy max/msp (or better max4live).
1. is it possible to use the full power of max without programming in c++ or max sdk
2. i’m going for modular synthesizer (like 3he euro racks like this http://www.doepfer.de/home_d.htm
is this possible in max without lowlevel programming in c++ or else?
3. can i have MOOG filters, state variable filters etc.?
1. Yes; i would suggest that Max has a slightly logarithmic learning curve: initially fairly daunting, then a long period of familiarity. Some people bring C-type programming skills immediately to Max, others learn to program with or through Max
2. Max comes with extensive tutorials, helpfiles and example patches including synths, filters etc
3. see 2. above
You may have inadvertently started a discussion on the ‘veracity’ of digital emulations of analogue filters……..