The 8th International Symposium on Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval (CMMR2011) joins hands with Frontiers of Research on Speech and Music (FRSM) to hold the symposium in Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India, 9-12 March 2011.
The CMMR/FRSM2011 symposium will be co-organized by
– All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore,
– Electronics Department, Jadavpur University, Kolkata,
– Department of Computer Science, Utkal, University, Bhubaneswar,
– ABV- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Gwalior together with
– LMA and INCM, CNRS, France and
– AAUE (Denmark).
Abstract submission deadline (1000 words) : December 15th, 2010
Notification of paper acceptance : January 15th, 2011
Final Camera-ready paper deadline: January 31st, 2011.
Presented papers are liable to be invited to a planned Springer Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science Series.
Original contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics:
• Auditory perception and cognition
• Virtual reality, augmented reality and human-computer interaction
• Digital music libraries
• New methods for music representation and visualization
• Retrieval and recommendation tools
• Games and interactive learning
• Music production and composition tools
• Structuring of audio data
• Cooperative music networks
• Analysis, recognition, comparison, classification, and modeling of sound and music
• Music and sound data mining
• Sound synthesis
• Optical music recognition
• Semantic music technologies
• Sound source separation
• Music structure analysis
• Music transcription
• Artificial intelligence and cognitive science for sound and music