Forums > Max For Live

Cycles, Meters not working in Edit mode

January 4, 2014 | 10:43 am

Hi, I’m new to Max for Live and have run into some troubles while running through the tutorials posted on youtube by Cycling74.

When I am editing a Max for Live audio device, I cannot monitor the output of a cycle~ object. I connected a cycle~ object to a number~ object but the only number it shows is 0. If I place the number~ object into presentation, save and close, the number~ object will update correctly as I play my Live session.

The same problem occurs when I try to use a meter~ object connected to a phasor~. The meter does nothing while I am in edit mode, even if I play my Live session. In the tutorial, the meter is animated while still in edit mode. If I add to presentation and save and close, the meter will animate in Live’s device window.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong here? While I can still build devices without monitoring their outputs in edit mode, it is difficult for me to understand and debug what I am building if I can’t monitor the outputs without adding them to to the presentation, saving, and closing.

I’m running Ableton Live 9, Max 6.16, and OSX 10.9

Thanks for any help

January 4, 2014 | 10:44 am

Sorry, meant to write Max 6.1.6

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums > Max For Live