Does #0 still work in Max 6?
I can’t seem to get it to work. I create a new patch, then add a subpatch containing the #0 object, save both patches, and there is no change to the #0 object. I also get an error in the Max Window: "newobj: #0: No such object".
I read about a similar object "—" but can’t get that to work either. So how are unique symbols generated in Max 6?
#0 is not in itself an object. It’s used as a prefix to a argument/name/value, and upon loading the #0 gets replaced by a unique number.
So for example, in your subpatch you might have a buffer object: [buffer~ #0-buf]. Upon loading the outer patch, the buffer object instantiates as something like [buffer~ 3021-buf]
— does a similar thing but for patches loaded in Max for Live.
Yes I realize that but I couldn’t get it to work properly. It always showed [#0] upon load, never a unique number such as .
I did manage to get it to work, though. I had mistakenly tried to load the subpatch using [p subpatch] instead of simply [subpatch], which is why it wasn’t working before. Thanks!
Glad you got things working :)
Just wanted to make things clear in case anyone else reads this thread. [#0] isn’t an object.
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 999.3ocsV0kiaaCD9Y4SwTEfl7fWCI4e1U8sdAZAJJPQwtKVPKMVlwxjBhTV qSPJ5QInGkbT5IICIkjkbjWDmzBrPd07Gm4ieyL58S77WKeFU9vOA2Cddueh mmUjQfWy6d96YOmjyTVy7Sj62iBs+TmNM9r1J+e+6+4Se7OkUPBS.UJDXhif nZ+ZrDXJ5M3Ae452hI5G7g2TKK2oZjeOWne7AAE.iuuVa89UAfT.bsBj0hoP R06nWdsBDRMvZhaaNjyEXhrRXSjEMB2HEZAaOZStetjyxaMmmZkQIyM242yZ E+cVqCilEzHlNGtHG01RO7jPYktUZqoELcxVtH6oRpDc.Zb.EHHb0R6O2FZ9 YEEb3QiKeXxDyioek3t.qoL9Kf8vffnVgtrRer.cmuO2.IOdM.xpqAPhFEPB uLfL+tYK6.j42ZdFE7MhGuHO723Ya0PRNOYmgFo2hvZa9fkSAElSYD7qVx3T iRA7KXMbfi0ylMywD+CizJQtLYGlZC.qLqxbh.WQryaVWsYJTarpwFK8jtNB Mp.YInj6QsAAbg7Se722VolBoRTYX4DqcGTy0aAB7nlDxqMX4e0YKcLzeYRI c7RXmPVCbA0gPMGGo1LVIRMJTzMsJTWASyMMLBiR5rQQpB9QfvdNd.UvMlZ3 HTSWqfA5pD7DmKqQcMRkQK.QsjMESAcFB8OLZaV70vpV9+ZaVX7BKsxxphVt z9x7vuQdUKLzlxGXkc0GWnzkiTeyakgzXozAEw.WmQmDEd+wJ6fqsroJjJzU tYLKtyNbw1L02EpNbkZSsRWA7bhPTpnq9dIpmOqnnmXudtX.n2JsAZ0zNQbg STPmnR7.u0+ENgDrOoUYad2jwQwWHwoKnrDYtK5zsq0rtGmYnq2qed3KKPAW TThTOfqqXf5TbCqJW+z3Twg52vRvK57nrdO+rRdpTXRhAdZD2db22vUMOOUL VKDrhQbVQ0QkZMqz.vqywdCeoIeRY9PUc2oDSmI36YZTycIaTPWP46KJ4tl4 NYnfQwXqJoTlmOHTNMGFQSJcsmf07T8Var5Ckj47h1q.+NLJkmgJ8PYZVlZn D5xcMKugF2g1Uwyogr2FEG62qLO8ML8It860GH+k1sNbcRyT4lI98M4K11tI WZ5sIeXhrt8tu7TxKMo7ElVdwIliL9Hpmlwlb1QCmBwwCWG60N5z8Om3ol0. Mn8IgoHwYSQQxwmRXz8Uq9ImBy+MeuyqB7ulMOQWylmqdD7R6H3vX2lmEeWe OyEp2g7Oy2WDbwO2abB3WGPE98uhN5x.0hdanCaVTeNPYy2yWCYPpyV+b1pm yW6PQ6CS9LfDJ1BG -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
(in case the bpatcher can’t load, all it contains is an exact copy of the buffer~ object above it)
Also as far as I know it needs to be in an _abstraction_
If it’s a normal subpatcher, none of the #0- #9 work
That’s right, I forgot to make that clear :S.So like in a bpatcher (as I did above), in a poly~, or directly as spectre did: [patchername].
With — you can of course have it in your main patch.
There needs to be better documentation for this in any case :P
Forums > MaxMSP