Exploding standalone problem
I recently sent someone a standalone I built and he reported strange behaviour that I can only describe as the standalone literally "exploding" on him.
Not only did it not run properly, but after attempting to run the app, several .mxo files found themselves copied _outside_ the standalone package, in the same folder as the standalone. There was also a file called "oobo". He reported this problem on two machines, both G5 computers.
I tried running the app on several computers on my side, iBook G4, G5 quad, Intel Mac Mini, but I can’t reproduce this problem. I even tried building the app from a different machine but he reports the same problem.
At this time, the only thing I can think is: WTF!?
All the computers involved are Macs running on 4.6.2.
Has anyone experienced anything like this?
On May 26, 2007, at 9:20 PM, Jean-Marc Pelletier wrote:
> Has anyone experienced anything like this?
I’ve never seen this, but it sounds like it might be a user
permissions issue, and or location from where the user is running the
standalone. To test the permissions issue, find out if the user is
running from an admin account (which shouldn’t be necessary, but
might hint at something else with disk permissions being strange).
And make sure the user’s not running from some place like the desktop
or some read-only media like straight from a CD-ROM.
Once you get this info, I suggest following up with support, but keep
in mind, we just moved the Cycling 74 office, and support inquiries
will have a bit of a backlog.
Thanks for your reply.
It’s a bit hard to investigate in detail as the machines that are having problems are on the other side of the world.
If I figure out what might be causing this, I’ll post an update.
from time to time i have the same problem.
it is difficult to reproduce.
mac os 10.6.5, max 5.1.7, mac pro 4,1
must be the akira version of the runtime.
best thread title ever
Forums > MaxMSP