Fwd: Important changes to the Max List
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Lilli Wessling Hart
Subject: [maxmsp] Important changes to the Max List
Hi Max List Folks,
We are releasing our new and greatly improved website today. It will
affect this Max List in a few ways, so please read on.
– First and most important, we have a completely revamped discussion system.
Instead of just a mailing list, we now have forums with integrated mailing
lists. Instead of just one mailing list, we now have several integrated
forum/mailing lists. This new system works similarly to Yahoo Groups
— you can participate via the forum or the list equally. This means
a message posted to the list will be sent to the list and posted to
the forum. Likewise, a message posted to the forum will be sent to
the list and posted to the forum.
– – If you have posted to the mailing list anytime within the last
six years, you already have a forum account. If you are receiving
this message, you are
already subscribed to the new list. You don’t need to do anything to continue
receiving mail on the main maxmsp list.
– – If you have never posted to the list with the email address where
you received this email message, you don’t have a forum account and
will need to make one.
– – If you have posted to the list in the past with a different email
address, you’ll have an account on the forums under that email
– Forum account logins are the email address with which you last
posted to the list. You don’t need to know your password. Go to
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=reset where you can enter
in your email address and have the password reset and mailed to you.
– All of the list archives since 2000 have been imported into the
forum. All email addresses used during that time now have accounts.
If you have posted to the list under different email addresses over
the years, and would like to "merge" your accounts, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org and he will help you with this. Unfortunately
this is a task which must be performed manually, so we appreciate
your patience while we update the accounts.
– The list has a new posting address. To post to the maxmsp list, you
will email "email@example.com" — not "max-msp" with a hyphen.
Please update your address books, if necessary. We will continue to
forward posts sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, but it would be good to
get for you to get into the habit of posting to the proper place.
– We are discontinuing the Digest version of the list. There are many
alternatives, including RSS feeds, browsing the forum, and
forum/topic notifications. If you are currently receiving the digest,
your subscription will be transferred to the main mailing list. We
may consider reinstating the Digest.
– FAQs. We know you probably have questions. Please help us out by reading over
this section before asking:
Unanswered questions can either be posted to the new Max List
(email@example.com) or sent to Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Forums > MaxMSP