How to update Max5?
I’ve bought Max5 a year ago, and have been running 5.0.4 since. I’ve just seen that the newest version is 5.0.7.
1) How to update? Is the only way to update, to trash the Max5.0.4-app and install the 5.0.7?
2) How about my settings, objects, and so on – can they be kept or shall I recreate them?
3) How about registration – can I just use my one-year-old code again?
4) Can I install 5.0.7 on Snow Leopard?
Thanks for answering!
1) download the 5.0.7 installer and run it. You don’t have to trash the previous version
2) They are left untouched
3) of course (simply install and run Max)
4) someone of the cycling crew could maybe answer you but I’d wait for an official announce
well i dont mean to sound mean.
but really, if you have ever done updating to say, your DAW software or photo software etc, to any kind of update. they dont change settings themselves, unless it is a HUGE update to a new version altogether [maybe].
so basically this wont. any 3rd party externals you have will still be there.
all it does is update the max 5 program…
Thank you very very much for quick answering!
The thing is, I’m used to that software has a "Check for update"-function that automatically updates (no installation and so on). But it’s always fun to learn new ways!
Though, I have two more questions:
1) I’m thinking of making a clean installation of Max5.0.7 when I update to Snow Leopard. Can I just download a fresh Max5.0.7-installation and run it and register with my year-old-code?
2) I run Bootcamp. Can I install and register Max5 on both the OS X- and the WinXP-site at the same time?
Hope you have time to answer these as well!
well, if you have been following the forums lately with the question on Snow Leopard, a lot of which i have bugged people about
the new snow leopard update is not totally recommended at this moment in time, until a proper update for max 5 has been put out to pasture for snow leopard.
the same is with ableton live as well.
i ordered the disk, but will just leave it in my drawer ready.
i get what you mean on the ‘check for update’ feature that most programs do have. only a few of my biggest programs dont have that.
as for your code. i could not answer that, as i use a iLok usb key, for that one reason as well. to use it on different computers when need be from traveling around.
best to ask the cycling ’74 support on that card.
hope this helped…
Forums > MaxMSP