I am having trouble setting up the IAC Bus to send data from Max/MSP
to Quartz Composer
- how do I get my data from a fader box on the IAC bus?
- I’ve set up the IAC Bus in the OS X Audio MIDI Setup prefs – ie.
it is online
- changed the offset to ’0′ in the MIDI setup in Max
- I tried sending midiin assigned to my MIDI interface to a midiout
assigned to IAC Bus 1
- selected IAC BUs 1 in the MIDI controller panel in QC
clues? page in the manual?
yeah that’s what I thought too…but ‘from MaxMSP 1′ was just not
giving up the love for me — and why I tried the IAC Bus next…
but I did manage to get it working using the IAC Bus after some
fiddling and much head scratching
thanks for the info though!
On Oct 19, 2006, at 9:09 PM, Tim wrote:
> I’m not sure why you need to use an IAC bus other than the ones
> that Max creates. Simple example:
> [random 128]-[ctlout 1]
> [random 128]-[ctlout 7]
> [random 128]-[ctlout 10] (all outputting to "from MaxMSP 1")
> QC: [MIDI Controllers (observe controllers 1, 7, and 10 on "from
> MaxMSP 1"]—[(R,G,B inputs) RGB color]-[(color input) Teapot]
> The "from MaxMSP" busses work very well for getting MIDI data into QC.
> Tim Thompson
> Assoc. Professor
> Palm Beach Atlantic University