jit.qt.movie fps attribute not modifiable, crashes Max if attrui made
jit.qt.movie’s fps attribute is not modifiable in the inspector or by sending a message. It responds to a getfps message (which is not in the documentation or object inlet menu, BTW) with the correct value. If you use the inspector to tell max to make an attrui for fps, Max crashes.
Here’s an example patch:
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 486.3ocyUssTCBCD8Y3qHSdtxPfVn5a9c3zoSnrVSGHfIo0pN9uKYCnTkVa6 3sWHytIbx4b1jMO66Qyp1BZJ4JxMDOum887vT1DdswdzR91EEbMtLpDdnJaE cjaJCr0foqUBooK6sURiV7DXmgEED1lVttTHK.CBDqMYM2r3Ngb4bErv3HRb RZy+PhlvrCwiwfvfPxr2ApZsoCoN3E4HSZX2Ew8YhjWhLgdsRvKn1Idw229Y zQp45B9iYbE8T0wjXK0uDUCKg8E5HZ.cLsaOcqy7XM3vlRGQnVKmL6LDTIn0 7kvmphJfmSxJ34MBInrZyfEz3gKnQGvHRcVv3Db.QfvtbuNA6yNQ5Apn60h9 V8laq0DVXvWbFuVAZPZ3FQkruCfKoyABa+zW9GmQtCLict5zSwGi9y8wkfow JOkVEGvPhbWwXgSrComggvh+0bj8z5bkvDbuwdcS.eWcPcmShBwSZISO8NOr yvUZDx7RtQI1ZaNsqGg6LsPH+3qMH6s4203zUqUK5.tkPD1a7OGzFgDuk0aM MkRx6Z7NQdNH6+BQtPyyJ.TkgCV.OV1XaL2aqFlNreM5j9uhMQ+qXCK9GjNt i0755MfR2BIxjla9qpT1vjQXnP5BQDadncina8S8sn8h+q.EcFCs -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Is this a bug?
If not, what’s the best way to adjust a movie’s fps – so that when I save a copy of it that fps is maintained? the rate attribute is not saved in to the quicktime movie – its only a Jitter playback attribute. I bet i can work something out using getduration getframecount and scale commands, but it seems like there should be a simpler way…
Adjust the playback rate using the rate message. Eg rate 0.5 will play at half speed and rate 2 will play at double speed.
Thanks. That’s the first thing I tried. But that doesn’t change the FPS of the movie when its exported to a file, which is what I really want. My current workaround is to have rate adjustment for playback preview and then when the export or save button is clicked, I adjust the duration and timescale values of the movie to fit the frame rate I want (new duration = duration/rate, new timescale = timescale*rate), do the export, then change them back (because more frames may be appended to the movie after an export). Sort of annoying, but it seems to work. Especially since Max won’t let me change the global movie timescale (timescale not recognized as a settable attribute), and I need to do it for every track in the quicktime movie with tracktimescale. In this case, I know that the movies i am creating have only one track, so its not a big deal – i just change the timescale on track 1 and that seems to work.