Max 6.0.2 Released
Just in time for your holiday patching, we have released the Max 6.0.2 update. This is a free update for Max 6 licensees, and it contains over 120 bug fixes as well as over 30 new or enhanced features.
You can download it here:
Max 6.0.2 Release Notes:
• Support for 4GB RAM under 64bit versions of Windows
• code editor: Cmd+arrow keys extends selection
• code editor: error/warning highlight with message
• code editor: line number display
• code editor: support for indentation key commands (Cmd+[, Cmd+] on OSX and Tab, Shift+Tab on Windows)
• Core Audio: new Mac core audio driver
• dict: added functionality of appending values to existing dict keys
• dict: added getsize message
• dict: added hierarchical value access
• dict: new ability to access values in an array at arbitrary positions
• dict.view: option click now allows you to collapse/expand items
• documentation window search field allows for Cut/Copy/Paste commands
• Gen: added reset_param for jit.gen
• Gen: new option-click help bubble
• jit.anim.path: loop and end notifications
• jit.gl.camera: misc. stereo/frustum features
• jit.gl.render: @erase_mode addition
• jit.gl.render: added depth_clear() message
• jit.phys.*: collision filtering attributes
• jit.phys.ghost: new object for collision sensors and force fields
• jit.phys.multiple: full rigid body attributes
• jit.phys.picker: added multitouch picking
• jit.proxy: now supports objects with scripting names
• jit.window: reports mouse scroll events
• Lua: files open via File > Open now not have syntax highlighting
• Material Browser: various additions
• max-fileformats.txt: added "Mp3 " file type (mp3 drag n drop on buffer~ now works)
• nslider: displays flats, hide-able clefs
• OpenGL Status: added ;jitter glreadback settings
• text editors: ctrl+a/ctrl+e go to the beginning/end of a line
• Added a more robust way to share OpenGL contexts with @shared 1/0
• adstatus: no longer ouputs extra messages in switch mode
• asio: windows asio devices that don’t have audio input now work
• attribute updates now showing in attrui
• attrui: now updates properly the jit.gen attributes
• audio status no longer clicks when stepping through output
• audio status: clears unused option slots
• avoid object_tinge pile-on
• buffer~: creates channel arg in object box when dragging audio file
• buffer~: waveform view sizing updates after sizeinsamps message
• cascade~: fixed noise on DSP initialization
• circular menu: show after click drawing improvement when zoomed
• circular menu: various wheel drawing fixes
• clocker reset fixes in MFL editor
• codebox: added key command for recompiling while editing (shift+enter)
• codebox: fixed errors on opening inspector in gen
• Codebox: global Gen Patcher Params Accessible
• codebox: scrollbars are functional
• codebox/expr in genpatcher: fixed random numbering in outlet assistance
• color attribute undo fixes
• color schemes changed for extras
• colorpicker: compatibility mode respect RGB format
• comment.svg: fixed ‘no such file’ standalone error
• core audio: fixed input SR mismatch crash
• cycle~: fix for incorrect behavior when frequency is out of range and both frequency and phase inlets are driven by signals
• delay~: calculated properly at sampling rates > 48000
• dict: export message adds the file extension properly
• dict: optional arg imports a json file
• dict.view: fixed crash during rapid dict updates
• dynamic attribute notifications
• File Browser: fix for crash when adding folder to ‘Search For’ column
• filterdetail: no longer produces a phase of zero for the first point
• Fix for crashes when changing IOVS with ad_portaudio
• fixed erratic behavior of ctrl-click on inlet contextual menu
• fixed errors when re-editing an inspector color
• Fixed Max crash on Windows without Quicktime
• fixed mousing problem with the circular menu
• fixed some texdisplace shaders
• fixes for audio crackling / distortion on Mac
• gen: fixed compilation error with non latin characters
• gl shared contexts now initializing properly
• gl.handle output transform messages when autohandle enabled
• gl.handle: fixed position tracking
• gn.gloop.jsx-help.maxpat: fixed error on startup
• jit.desktop: fixed memory leak
• jit.gl.material: fixed material browser diffuse texture loading errors
• jit.gl.mesh: fixed drawmode displaylist bug
• jit.gl.mesh: fixed empty matrix crash with draw_mode triangles
• jit.gl.model: improved binding of model nodes to anim.nodes
• jit.gl.multiple: @targetname now being properly initialized from object box
• jit.gl.physdraw: collision points and attributes for draw flags
• jit.gl.pix: inlets get updated immediately
• jit.gl.pix.pinch: fixed example
• jit.gl.sketch: drawobject 0/1 and jit.gl.multiple now taking into account target object’s transform
• jit.gl.sketch: drawobject transform_reset now being respected
• jit.gl.sketch: texture bindings retained after drawobject capture
• jit.gl.text3d: depth attr no longer causes strange lighting (Win only)
• jit.gl.text3d: fixed depth attr causing strange lighting (Win only)
• jit.gl.text3d: shows up when in a jit.gl.node sub-context
• jit.phys.body: fix for kinematic mode
• jit.phys.multiple: fix for changing shape
• jit.qt.movie: fixed crash when freeing
• jit.qt.movie: fixed looppoints attrui issues
• jit.qt.movie: improved thread handling
• jit.window: fixed jitter js callback issues (added mousewheel support)
• jit.window: fixed modifier keys
• jit.window: suppress ctrl+click window switching popup
• Kontakt plug-in with vst~ now works
• line: fixed erratic behavior in MFL
• live.drop: now works properly in Max
• live.gain~: no longer jumps to 0dB when clicking in the name
• live.toolbar: text fixed in the editor
• M4L fixes for out of memory issues
• Max for Live: fixed distorted audio when live buffersize is not divisible by 64
• menubar: custom menus no longer cause problems for ‘?’ tab
• MFL parameter: stored value now overrides initial value
• MFL: OB3D now visible in jit.pwindow after switching tracks
• minimixer: fix for hang when deleting ezdac~
• minimixer: fixed patcher focus issues
• minimixer: now reappears if it is hidden when partially off-screen
• mxj: in subpatcher no longer causes audio distortion
• noise~ driven groove~ with resample 1 no longer crashes
• number of signal used/function calls properly displayed when the DSP is off
• Object Explorer double-click location screen awareness
• opening a help patcher that is already open no longer closes the sidebar
• patch cords: fixed drawing issue when starting Max from a patcher (Mac only)
• patcher key commands now work after dismissing key command popup window
• pfft~ no longer crashes when editing while the dsp is on
• playbar: connected to sfplay~ does a play/pause
• playbar: properly redraws after sfplay~/jit.qt.movie loop attribute changed
• plot~: fixed aberrations in the first couple of points of plotted data, particularly when using curved lines.
• plot~: reduced irregularities in curved lines when the data set includes negative infinities
• plugsend~: deleting from MFL device no longer crashes max editor
• poly~: fixed audio gaps when loading patcher with gen~ object
• project: fix for explicit members turning implicit
• Projects: fixed consolidating twice issues
• radiogroup: no longer crashes when the number of items is too high
• re-enabled custom install locations for windows installer
• Reference: changed css to make links more of a blue color
• removed contents item from doc window toolbar
• Removed the ‘eye’ icon from the docs window toolbar
• see also tab/pop ups: no longer eats keyboard commands and persistence
• send~ / recieve~: now working between patches
• send~ and receive~: now working in poly~/pfft~
• seq: dump message no longer hangs Max
• spigot~: asyncread message to jit.qt.movie combination with spigot~ improvements
• standalone preferences now writing to custom folder
• standalone: application-specific menu item names
• standalone: fixed MaxLua.dll error
• standalone: no longer putting preferences in ~/Library/Application Support
• status bar removed in the About Max
• tapin~/tapout: fixed issue in poly~ with different vector size
• tapin~/tapout~: fix for delay time reset after dsp is started
• Text editor: always give window two scrollbars that are always visible
• textbutton: can now be easily resized when corners are rounded
• textfield justification improvements (while typing)
• toolbar / statusbar area now hidden in fullscreen patcher
• undo command while dragging an object fixes
• undo command: fixed confusion if chosen while dragging an object
• vst~ @genericeditor 1 works (some au plugs do not have this ability)
• vst~ plug path in Mac standalones
• vst~: fixes for audio distortions on Mac
• vst~: output no longer limited to first two channels
• vst~: updates program names after reading in a preset bank file
• windows audio drivers support extended characters in names
Hey great … just got it 30 min. ago.
Am I dreaming ? It doesn’t seem like there is any tutorial
yet including jit.phys.multiple and other new functions.
Stay tuned, we are working on some better documentation of all the new Jitter objects.
In the meantime, check out some of the examples in Max6/examples/jitter-examples/render/
Jit.phys.ghost crashes max when I try to go into the help patch
-but does not crash if I just load it up into a patch??
I am using windows 7 64bit
I can confirm that the help file is crashing on Win. We will take a closer look. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Out of curiosity, what is the memory limit now on Mac OS X ?
What was the issue with Kontakt? I remember that 6.0 crashed a couple of times when I tried to use a VST but didn’t have time to explore it more closely?
I take it it was too late to fix the adc~/dac~ bug with multiple # arguments not producing corresponding ports?
Thanks for the new dict features. Previous lack of an append function was problematic.
Interesting — I was never using more than 2 channels which means that I was getting crashes with VSTs for some other reason.
I’m going to change my Max 5 system to use single channel instances and then I’ll try those patchers again with Max 6.0.2
@edsonedge and anyone on windows trying to use the jit.phys.ghost object.
my apologies for the help file crash issues, we will track them down asap.
in the meantime i've attached a screenshot of the help file, which should get you started with the object.
please pass along any questions or bugs to the forum.
Apology accepted ( you had me at hello :)
The problem probably isn’t fixed for single channels either.You may need to use something like this
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 342.3ocqS1jSCCCDEdsyoXj81BpN+0.63bfpPNwlTiRrqpcEEpJmchmj.sPQ sT0MiSduwim7kwaiHzR6FkiB2COBDx1HBAkBBjg2IzVwlpFgCSiZTuZKegNo 2xq13Q4FqPVJL0iFZIJ2k5MoiZOaMdinUgNOrRKZFcrq8MJu+skp9VghkBlu 2Fc52QSd7sSGjMqa0lt8gMFePbovWsPapeZkpx2WMdZV2dfrhPLeZHF2E+p7 c0ouA5KTPbWTTHL4LgRqx4D0peQEFGXw.KAXo.KCX4.aFvJNBjRt.H8+.T7I AzcHf3obbo3pRn+XrQHq9.3PLj.oPFjCyfiQG9EPGmt1DruJOckGE4oI3Be1 IFFK1C0XJzFs4mWXwyIneH+c10qpFowvEQ36CRpbdsQ30Vyd4jbPNKzRoBsG +PkZmnrQg+Zldz4fysaRNitgegcCLOZWzmPk3.Ri -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Ouch —- I’m using a MOTU 828 + 8Pre — that’s 36 input ports and almost as many output ports. And even if I remapped, I’m personally using more than 9 inputs which is the max allowed args I believe.
If it won’t work with even one argument, then it’s really critical. I guess I’m stuck with Max 5 until this issue is resolved. Please let that be soon.
(Certain 4-letter words come to mind…..sigh)
@Andrew I started to write a diatribe and then i reread the description about args for adc~ and realized that your suggestion was about using a LIST to set the actual ports. I have very little experience with the MSP side of Max, and I missed that completely when I looked at your patch. Thank you for pounding away on me until I saw the light.
it’s really a nice, long list of bug fixes. Congratulations! I’m just wondering if the bug mentioned in this thread:
had been fixed, as promised, with 6.0.2? I couldn’t find it in the bug fix list, at least not at first reading (I might have skipped it with the load of improvements :-) )
I hope to have a holiday gift for the forums using this shortly :)
and, I might be reading this wrong/hopeful but…..
"standalone preferences now writing to custom folder
standalone: application-specific menu item names
standalone: fixed MaxLua.dll error
standalone: no longer putting preferences in ~/Library/Application Support"
Doesn’t that make creating Mac App Store easy (easier) now?
I was thinking of this post:
I just launched Max 6.0.2 and the fan started spinning after a minute or so.
I’m using Mac OS X 10.7.2, MacBook Air 13" (1.8GHz i7).
Activity Monitor said it was using more than 100% CPU, even if I did not open any patch.
The strange thing was that opening some patches lowered CPU usage to 6% (the patches contain some Open GL objects, but no [qmetro] was running), and some others raised it to over 200% (MSP patches with audio on).
I’m crashing like 1 in 4 times I open/close my patch. Brutal.
max 6.0.2 crashes when i open audio status patch.
I have have a MOTU 828 mk2 for use in max. Sometimes the audio driver kind of crashes and audio won’t really work. I am used to that and don’t blame czcling here because i think its a motu thing.
Nevertheless just wanted you to know that this seems to have been my problem.
Max 5 would react with audio not working which is just right, max 6.0.2 reacted with slow startup and the reported crashes.
I was having the same problem here and was hesitating to post about it…
Tried to reinstall max, even tried in max 5 with no luck.
All is working fine now. Great ! (Metric Halo interface, btw)
So, just to be clear, I replace ad_coreaudio.mxo with 3137.adcoreaudio.mxo (in Max6/Cycling ’74/ad)?
I use the MOTU 828mk3 (I used to use mk2) and have never had any problems with Max5
Andrew, I’m curious as to which hardware there was a problem. I still haven’t committed to Max6 due to some other issues I ran into (although I now have reasonable workarounds for most of them) but last time I tried 6.0.1 there was a problem with VST crashes and I’m wondering if that’s related to this new problem.
So I’m definitely giving it the same name, but the Max window’s giving me an error message:
ad_coreaudio.mxo: unable to load object bundle executable
2011-12-30 17:07:53.543 Max[7262:507] Cannot find executable for CFBundle 0x31d6870 (not loaded)
I’ve just noticed something special, maybe there’s a link with the update. The mini-mixer window, at the bottom of the patch, is really small. I can’t read all of what it contains.
also had the small mixer window issue.. can live with it in the meantime to be honest. And it just comes and goes sometimes. Don’t know.
ahh coonstant crashes when using reaktor 5 as a vst.
max crashes immidiately when i try to open a patcher including it.
Hi all and specifically folks at Cycling 74,
Firstly, this is my first post after lurking for years. I am hugely grateful for this forum and all the help I’ve had from simply reading it over the years. Thank you all! I am also hugely grateful for Max Msp itself!
In Max 6.0.2 I cannot change the colour of individual patch chords. I can change the patch chord colour globally using the ‘Object Defaults’ in the ‘Options’ menu with success but nothing changes when trying to change any individual patch chord colour.
1) click on patch chord menu arrow and select ‘Color…’ — then change the colour.
Result = nothing changes.
2) select patch chord and right click anywhere on it, then select ‘Color…’ — then change the colour.
Result = nothing changes.
3) select patch chord and click on ‘Object’ in the menu, then select ‘Color…’ — then change the colour.
Result = nothing changes.
I’m not certain, but I think this has been the case since Max 6 beta was released (< --- could be wrong though).
Windows XP (SP3)
I have seen this issue mentioned elsewhere on the forum but I thought I’d put it in this thread anyway as there hasn’t been any response to the issue as yet (that I’m aware of).
Thanks for your help!
No problem with patch cord colors on Mac (Os 10.7.2, Max 6.0.2).
But I noticed that some comment boxes in patches made with earlier versions of Max have the same value for backgroud color and text color.
This is particularly annoying for libraries such as Peter Elseas Lobjects
I have same problem as Joe, i.e. cannot change the colour of patch cords in Max 6. OS = Windows 7
@ woyteg – here reaktor as vst works (latest max latest reaktor, mac OS X.6.8)
[midiselect @ch ] doesn’t work…
Is it a bug ?
It seems midiselect @ch doesn’t work with Max5.1.9 neither. Tested under X.6.8.
Ouf… Thanks !
opening poybuffer~.help makes 6.0.2 on win crash.
all the best
I’m on windows 7.
– table is not loading its "save data with patcher" attribute state
– can not change the color of a patchcord
– when an object is clicked (dragging), the mousewheel doesn’t scroll the patcher window (worked in max5)
The patchcord colouring problem on Windows is known.
Reaktor5 is working fine for me – may we please have a patch? Send it in to support if you like.
I cannot reproduce a problem with table and saved data
I’ll have a look at the dragging issue – could you be a little more specific? If you have a patch with steps which describes what you are seeing, please let’s have a look
i create a table, enter some data, enable "save data with patcher", save patch.
next time i load the patch the table loads it’s data but "save data with patcher"
is disabled again. so the next time i save the patch it will NOT save the table data (unless i enable the attribute again before saving) EDIT: it seems to work after testing again. I’m sorry if this was an error on my side, i’ll have to try it in the specific patch where it was happening.
The dragging thing is quickly explained: if i’m clicking on an object to drag it (mouse button held down) in max5 it was possible to scroll the patcher with the mouse wheel at the same time. now the only way is to move the object above the window limits and wait for the automatic scrolling which is a pain in the ass.
please tell me if that is still not understandable.
And what about [midiselect @ch] issue ? Is it a known bug ?
Thanks in advance
I’m not sure I am seeing a bug – is this the sort of thing you mean? Seems to work ok for me on Mac so far.
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 641.3oc0WssiaBCD8YxWgkUeLcksC3.8o1uipUqLf2MtELHvnl1U6+dMCjlj tgaorrMOfQLXiOyYNdlgmW4fCy1KKwnOg9Jxw44UNNfoZCNsO6fSE6iRDkvz voxxRwSR75l2Yj6Mfc5AKOloMkpeIqsRY2QZMqqRU5DoA9JrVi4BSzNk9oGJ jQlFTrg4aWChRpWp8o67rOXMgtucMpXX+xB+1GoaNcS0hTXSweoPIRvG22rJ ygMl1Zswj4m4xlcEiQ2W+lWVspdX8+HY3NSjAaKulEB3ifKnuybgV9CKNdEU jWnzloPGzdzFDBPDjsvM25QF4x7QvToCx03yUogxhK5calr2wrJeJmy83Vea iG3hvYAFsiPt+v9XtnvZ2HKdPpEgIvLHWz+YcIGf3GBGJzOckJi4jkn9dSjk BtQXoKe9oRmKh99aA4QfrJbVejGiL0iQCQP02tJ9IrxXxz3I6wAG8XN4PFit ya35OwrkydDOUEqJkIVW.84ncHW6nIAwIyTRTJGNzvb2.0Yc48wF9SM762YQ k0GuNQJbwaycVlijTdgrTpMBiJSelJANE3ATBoc3O7wTzZ1k1vnd8px1dajS pq9a3DzGlqF9nA.SE.pRWJHJ6nGG96cKNiQhM5x87Fek4Mrbw8ltDVcBsGyJ RESpOvs8kBCZ8i1xfjd4t4qu3WkZB1NbhR+2+BEf4Z6mSVkYUEQG9ZG9AFzQ TGKKMJMjb5jI4d1b1ohik5Sit1pE0A73tahczvg9eEbrEePaG.MAKJZXCfl5 1kVpX0HBU9KGZBFixY4vCDHnCfG5Bimg3G5xIl4iANmI3eKQy1QfF9hwMtij a3WAZrkOdY0uAH5n0cN -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Thanks for your answer :)
First of all, your patch works fine (on Mac)
This one works :
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 479.3ocyU1rbBBCDG+L7TjImsNIAgB8T6yQGGm.jpoEBNPXpsN9t2jfnni.p 0uNnYb20j+6uMY2k1VvvrErBH3Ev6.Kqk1VVFSZCVq+sELktHJgVXBCJXemE 9IbPkKIagzXNkGy4hZyYkxDlT9ybV0VC4BUXiW68iLgrf+qwGlLDs17bpLZF WLcRNKRV8+vtAJ2.bfqdYjNV.AMDsYq3wlSWonmHvFauflZ1d3a4bZRsGQYJ WnDlISvaMVI2JqZiqrs0eM3+gj445r9jyYGDRmlNnmMKi5JmCtH4L5bx4xzP Vdm06A.XHULsk5tSWLfP7Gh877b8TDvwT7c7Mf.eXPf8ga1sbEGjr7ILAMLw bXnKAkHObTB66dhTJ3wjRG98SoXNM5q9fW6cVNd1g7zTyizE6HH38hOgkRYV 68V285yAy0fs4pGptgR6sUF4ee5XpGhTvRTBG7ZzLU2e0hLAfQsl65a.0eZb g3fKmy7GOyqJxHGyXHWmtnl+E4BheCbZNEXBWr+HZiT012kwEYk4Q0no9AOX qXiYERtfJ4paSaCRWsaDzLdbLSzrgfpnn6QD29rhiUO5GQ.bO5Aei0Se7YOH dU0yQHmaGczmDoG0rGAu1x44djy4Vp.isWY+GvVrJhJ -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
But this one doesn't work :
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 475.3ocyUssbBBCD8Y3qHSd15jDtTnO09czwwI.oZZgfCDlZqi+6MIHda.7R cPePy3tqaNmytY2U1Vvn7krRH3Ev6.KqU1VVFSZCVa9sELitLNkVZBCJXemG 8IbTsKIaozXNimv4hFy4UxTlT9yBVcpgbgJrIa79QtPVx+03CSFi1XdAUFOm KlMsfEKq+eXuPka.NzSe3piEPPiQaSEOwb6JD8DAtW5EzLS5guUvooMdDUYb gBXFlf2YrFt0V0FWaaq+Zz+SRVTnY8EyYGDRSSGzylC293b3MgynqgyUYQrh dq2i.vHpXVG0cm9z.BIXL1222yWo.NlhuSfQHvsKD3.31rUnzAIqXJSPiRMW F5VnRjGNUBG3cgpT3ioJ096mJwBZ7WmR75dxx4qcHesp4S5S6HH38Rehpjx7 tmsdX6SqbMbGW8QMCT5drhav8YhodIRIKUAbvqwyUS+6jy5Jeym8ZDZ83Z16 3adMQbcLqeTsRdcqVA2jFif8jQys.S4hiWMafp19gZaYdUQbizrYWHXGVSXk RtfJ4plncwDbPLy4IILw9iATkB8jgjt2PbtnQeSjSfF8yqADNOeB3DNXn4Hh 2NbvCLdvmBOCWyyQTuc73ds3ALwds8e.SGNhEB -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Thanks again for your help.
With midiselect you have to specify the data to be selected explicitly.
So your 2nd example does not filter for the CC data because you have not specified it.
Perhaps you want to look at using the dynamic selection messages?
Thank you very much :)
Forums > MaxMSP