Max 6.0.4 Released
We are happy to announce that we have officially released 6.0.4. There are a whole list of things that were fixed (over 75 bugs), and a few fun new features.
You can download it here:
Max 6.0.4 release notes:
• attrui: tab key support
• filterdesign: double-click to see dictionary
• Gen: GenExpr include files
• jit.anim.node new features:
– new messages: concat, worldtolocal, localtoworld
– new attribute: invtransform
• jit.gl.cornerpin object
• jit.phys.* new features:
– @enable attribute
– physics constraints now have rotate/rotatexyz attributes
• jit.phys.world new features:
– attributes for simulation updates
– remove_plane attribute for 2D functionality
• sqlite: faster database update startup
• standalone: improved dependency inclusion for some components
• audio: fixed start/stop UI delay glitch
• audio: closing patcher window now fades properly (Mixer Crossfade)
• audio: clicking then silence / crashing when changing audio settings
• audio: fixed crash when turning mixer parallel on/off when signal vector size is smaller than 64
• audio: hot-swap devices without needing to restart Max
• audio: patcher muting respected when audio started
• audio: fixed deadlock when closing a patcher with the Audio running
• preferences: fixed crash on corrupted Windows preference files
• cascade~: fixed zipper noise on coefficient change
• cellblock: resizing the object refreshes properly in in-line edit mode
• codebox: require disposes of filewatcher when closed
• codebox: retains inlet/outlet count even with an error with GenExpr
• cycle~: proper handling of attrs/args
• dac~: start/startwindow in right inlet
• dialog: text field does not have focus (Mac OS 10.6)
• dict: automatically add missing extension for the ‘import’ message
• dict.iter: fix crashes with references to dangling subdictionaries.
• enable SSE2 instructions for windows non-audio projects
• Encapsulating with disabled patch cord causes crash
• File > New Text, typing, File > Save causes text to disappear
• filtergraph~ no longer crash when receiving a message with the wrong filter index
• filtergraph~: @edit_maxfreq @edit_minfreq swap
• fpic: opt+drag no longer loses image
• Gen: patcher type visual display on inlets and outlets
• Gen: ‘f’ can be used in GenExpr as a variable
• Gen: .genexpr files now associated with Max6
• grab: Works with ‘set’ receives / multiple output
• groove~: fix for output gain variations depending up transposition with resampling on
• groove~: fix for stuttering, distortion, etc with resampling on and looping a small portion of a large buffer
• groove~: fixed crash when loop max is smaller than loop min
• groove~: resampling aliasing on loop points
• groove~: resampling and loopinterp should work together
• jit.anim.drive: ui_map dictionary functionality fixes
• jit.cellblock: .txt extension added to written files
• jit.cellblock: misc fixes
• jit.gen: fixed noise()
• jit.gl.lua: .lua files: now associated with Max6
• jit.gl.node: fixed crash when closing patch after deleting jit.gl.node
• jit.gl.node: gl.node erase_color attribute bug fix
• jit.gl.pix: fixed GLSL compilation errors
• jit.gl.videoplane: fixed fullscreen crash
• jit.phys.body: fixed @shape compound crashes when collision reporting
• jit.phys.ghost: fixed help file crash
• jit.qt.movie: fixed flatten + inplace crash
• jit.qt.movie: attrui @dim updates with @adapt 1
• jitter Gen: math binops with vec2 arguments produce valid output
• KeyMIDI: octaves buttons works properly again
• live.step: editlooponly respects loop start > 1
• matrixctrl: updates when recalling a preset in Max for Live
• minimixer: fixed sizing issues
• nodes: mouse coordinate are correct when the object isn’t squared
• nodes: no longer produce NaN when the size of a node is set to 0.
• nodes: setnode message properly updates the active state
• ob3d matrixoutput 2 memory leak
• object details panel: fixed GUI glitch
• polybuffer~ help file: fixed crash on Windows
• phasor~: improved @lock 1 performance
• plot~: editing domain labels in the editor does not trigger a re-paint
• poly~: decreased the CPU usage for non-dsp (and non-active DSP) patchers
• polybuffer~: fixed getshortname crash
• Projects: auto localize setting results in missing file entry
• reference: fixed Tutorial 1 missing text
• reference browser: removed mouseover popup in search results
• regexp: fixed substring crash
• saving: saving an abstraction (or poly~ patcher) as another file no longer causes other instances to reload
• saving: fixed open rect bpatcher save issue
• scale: fixed ref and scale vignette namespace collision
• scale/scale~: exponent base is no longer inverted in non-classic mode
• send~/receive~: mismatched pair no longer crashes Max when DSP is on
• sidebar: improved reference appearance at small sizes
• standalone: better default audio driver selection
• standalone: fixed java dependency issues
• table: object box attrs now work properly
• vst~: window coordinate arguments work again with ‘open’ message
• watchpoints: improved positioning when watchpoint is below patcher when patcher is floating
And the bug where I couldn’t put #1 #2 inside a dac~ is fixed too!
I love that you guys release updates often.
me too :)
this update also fixed a bug for the latest version of lion right? I read that there was one so hadn’t update my OS yet just incase….
hello, [join] is still buggy. http://126.96.36.199/forums/topic.php?id=37786
I can still not scroll vertical in a patch with the mousewheel if i'm dragging an object or a selection-frame at the same time.
and is that intended, that since ver 6 i see very simplified scrollbar-design in patches? the strange thing is that i see normal system default scrollbars in the max docu. (see pic)
i can not change the scrollbar colors(because there is no way to set it). the scrollbar-background will always be white no matter if it fits to the patchdesign or not.. in max 5 the scrollbar-background adopted the bgcolor of the patcher.
Please, i don't want to start hacking my own scrollbars together, especially because apart from that they're working very well.
sorry, i’m win 7 user. that’s maybe important to know.
Thanks for the note.
The join issue was never brought to our attention. I’ve ticketed it to be looked at.
The scrollbar issues you see is simply a limitation of scrollbars in Max at this time.
all the best,
I’m working on a patch aswell and I would like to change this color aswell and making a custom scrollbar is a big pain.
@Ben something about spanish help in the future? Maybe for 2018? (^_^)
"• audio: hot-swap devices without needing to restart Max"
does this mean that if my firewire audio interface gets unplugged on stage, i can reconnect it without restarting Max? Similar to how Logic and Mainstage behave? If so, that would be huge. Mac OS X 10.6.8, MOTU Ultralite…
yes. that one was long overdue…
sweet [good to see you over here too dtr :) ]
Forums > MaxMSP