Max for Live & Max6
Just read this http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=171850
Just wrote this:
I guess if we install max6, we’ll still have the choice to use 5.
In preferences (command + ,), we can choose that.
BUT, I’m afraid of "kind of" dependencies mismatches etc.
btw, I will upgrade.
I need light speed of gen~
any more infos ?
You can switch between Max 5 and Max 6 for Max for Live usage (you’ll need to restart Live). Max installations are self-contained, so there shouldn’t be any dependency mismatches or other issues with having/using both applications simultaneously (beyond creating patchers in Max 6 which use features not present in Max 5).
this is the "shouldn’t" which frightens me a bit. I wrote .. a bit.
btw, waiting for my teacher quote and upgrading ASAP :)
I answered there.
Great, thanks !
(I should wear my glasses more often…)
I just switched and now, let’s see what happens !
(it seems there is a M4L update from 2.1 to 2.2)
didn’t thought about externals/libraries (Jash, CNMAT, RTC, Firmata etc) !
What a stoooopid boy…
(however, everything seems to work… normally -including Live’s API devices-)
you mean you didn’t move them? or test?
didn’t move them, I’ll probably have to do this manually (hopefully, I "colored" the folders so they’re easy to identify) and update "6" search path…
what a great afternoon !
still waiting my S/N
I’m absolutely not complaining writing this.
I’m just like a child, waiting for his present :)
Woke up this morning, don’t believe what I saw.
(read my emails drinking a coffee and found there the Holy Grail)
ASKIMET HELP US !!
Forums > Max For Live