Hi all. My midiselect and midiparse commands freeze on occasion. I’ve been told that they have bugs when they get overloaded with data.
Someone at eowave sent me this .js file as a fix, but I’m javastupid and don’t know what to do with it. I’ve made a
Anyone able to help? Might be a useful script to make available more widely, if other people are having this problem too…
I have the patcher, but not sure if that will help you.
I’m using two Eobody HFs with six wireless accelerometers, and getting the data into Max using midiselect. Sometimes the data stream just freezes; sometimes for 1-2 seconds; sometimes indefinitely until I restart Max. A print command from midiin shows that it’s not freezing there.
Tech support at Eowave (the company that makes the Eobody) said that there was a known bug in midiparse and midiselect when "too much" data is coming in.
I can post the patcher if it’s of use to you…
The script is useful as midi monitor converting raw bytes to readable messages.
But you could also try using it as "midiparse" like this.
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 360.3ocwSErTBCCD8b6WwN4bkooVHf2.FuBbfaNLLk1nDlzDllvHJC+6lj1p EsnnbvCcSxKur8suM4fuGZkbOUgf6fG.OuC9ddNHKfW0ZOTdx9TdhxQCInOK WsAETtkltW6fKj6zTXxz42ub5DX1PX7XX1XX3bX1nZxhc4FVbp1kIRE5iRgV wdkZwvgcBqfKYpeYKsTcHTvY9fEUGYahNcMS7zxBZpt7TjHSBAbTe2PuxAS7 8yvxbx2TR2fiQMjjHI28mQCKXIbXjjm0nNXh5x.awN56aCAWmGlyxXLQ6tE9 W5VLg9BLltDaLN76rkn+YWYiBrFiVxYJcmMp18mn+xsoe1fFfsQB4KFTpjKK JYF1oOFS50MvL6VRT23AMmgOyksq0UcIEwYhO+70UKV7SsZkbWQZc0W0WgOj VFUoYhDMSJZvAeBm0rrLpa6Za0zX1JMW0pj.rn019kpH7knn3qPRlEG8eC.R oOhU -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Forums > MaxMSP